Why..?

After being in the hospital for a few hours, you got sent home with the Schuyler sisters, and they had made sure to keep an eye on you. Thomas and Alexander had to go back to work, so Angelica kept you company for the day.

"Angelica I have to tell you something.." You say, nervous to see what she'll think. "Sure, what is it?" Angelica says curiously. "Well.." you say before trailing off.

"Y/N, is everything alright? You can tell me whatever's troubling you, you know." Angelica says while smiles at you reassuringly. 

"Angelica..I've taken a liking to Alexander. I know it's wrong, but I just can't stop thinking about him. He's been consuming my waking days and-"

"Y/N. Please listen to me carefully." Angelica says cutting you off while her expression changes swiftly to a much more serious one. You nod without saying a word and continue to let her speak.

"Eliza was never the type to grab all the attention, she was more on the..quiet side. She is such a bright girl, and brings light into every room she steps into. She always put everyone's happiness over hers and always kept her feelings to herself. She has never had anything to herself and now that she has Alexander, I don't want to ruin that for her. I know that you're a good person and care deeply about Eliza, so please take it from me and just..step back from Alexander..please."

When you look up at Angelica, she has a pleading look on her face, and is in no way trying to hurt you. She truly means well.

"I..understand." You say to angelica with a look of sorrow on your face. 

What have you done? You reject Thomas just to have to give up Alexander as well. You didn't want to take away Eliza's happiness from her. She was the sweetest person you knew and deserved the world. But you had to tell Alexander how you felt. It didn't matter if you ended up with him, you needed to release this heavy weight off your chest, and this just added on to the weight. You had to do it.

"Thank you so much Y/N. You don't know how much this means to me." Angelica says with a smile on her face. She pulls you into a tight embrace and chuckles to herself. Eliza has such an amazing sister.

The Next Day

Alexander had a day off today and decided to invite him over to tell him how you feel. It was the only way to do it.

At about two p.m, you hear a light knock on your door from the living room and quickly get up to answer it. You quickly fix your hair and then open the door to see Alexander standing there.

"Hi, Y/N." Alexander says quietly. "Come in.." You say while motioning to the living room.

He sits on the opposite couch from you while you sit on the other. "I wanted to t-tell you something that's been weighing on my chest for weeks.." you stuttered, scared to face the reality of your actions.

"Alexander, I have had a lot of things I wanted to do with my life... I wanted to be a teacher... I also wanted to be an astronaut... And I also wanted to make my own cake shop... I wanted to go the sweets bakery and say, "I want one of everything". Oh Alexander, I wish I could live five times over. Then I'd be born in five different places, and I'd feed myself with different foods from all around the world... I'd live five different lives with five different occupations... And then, for those five times... I'd fall in love with the same person, every single time." You could feel tears forming in your water line and had to put all your energy into holding them back. 

"Y/N I'm so sorry.." Alexander says. "But I think it'd be best for us to stay as friends. Nothing more, nothing less." He looks at you with a face you'll never forget. 

"It was just something I needed to get off my chest. Now that I've told you, i feel so much lighter. When I first met you, it was like you brought color to my life. You changed my life, all by yourself, and I could never thank you enough for that." You say. 

You smile at him, and give him a quick hug before he leaves. 

You felt much better, but there was still one person you had to fix your relationship with. 

You had woken up extra early, put on one of the prettiest dresses you owned. You were nervous, but you had to this. For you. And for him.

The Dress :

You knocked on Thomas's door nervously, impatiently waiting for him to open the door, if he was even there

You knocked on Thomas's door nervously, impatiently waiting for him to open the door, if he was even there. He opens the door and has a confused expression on his face. "Y/N..what are you doing here, sweetheart?" he asks. 

"I need to tell you something.." you say nervously. "Well..come on in then." He says while opening the door wider.

You sit on one of his velvety magenta couches and wait patiently as he uses the bathroom. You play with your fingers nervously as you wait for him.

Soon enough he comes out, and sits on the couch with you.

"Well what did you have to tell me, Y/N?" Thomas asks curiously.

"Well first, I wanted to apologize. I had told you how I felt so abruptly and never tried to consider how you felt. I'm so very sorry for leaving you in the dust like that. I'd like to start over completely with you this time, and act as if today we've never met before. I want another chance to start something with you.." you say while looking up at him.

He grins before saying, "Hi, the name's Thomas Jefferson. Nice to meet ya." He puts his hand out to shake yours. You laugh before saying, "Hi, my name is Y/N. Nice to meet you." You say while taking your hand in his and shake it.

"So miss Y/n, would you like to join me for breakfast today?" Thomas says while looking at you. "I think that'd be nice, Mr. Jefferson." you say playfully. "Oh drop the formalities, call me Thomas!" he says with his heavy southern accent.

Finally. A fresh start. This'll be nice.

(1104 words)

A/N : Hey hey! I hope you all liked this chapter! I know a lot happened  so quickly and was pretty short, but just trust the process okay? I hope you all have an amazing day/afternoon/night <3 Bye!!