I don't even think being alone with him was a good idea, hearing these things from him doesn't make me feel better. It's just adding stress to me, but I didn't stop him as I let him speak his thoughts.

"Reese was the one who told me."

"Am I still surprised?"

"I know my sister really wanted you since she first met you, but not to the extent where she'll do something like this to get back at you for rejecting her. When we got engaged, she begged for me to convince our parents back then na kayo ang ikasal but I refused, I treated her like shit because I found it disgusting how she liked you when both of you were girls. I always thought that you were straight, so the news of you being in love with a woman—"

"I'm not going to listen to you reminiscing about the past, David. If you're going to project your hurt ego to me when someone is in danger, might as well rethink your apology earlier." I calmly said, trying not to create a fight.

I couldn't bear to listen to him anymore, nasa isip ko lang ngayon ang kapakanan ni Khio. My heart is practically racing and it feels like it's going to burst any moment because of the anxiety that while we're here, something might've happened to her already.

David noticed how tense I was as his face showed how worried he was. "I-I'm sorry.. I got carried away, I didn't mean—"

"Stop talking, please." Napahigpit pa ang kapit ko sa hinahawakan 'kong baril habang pilit na pinapakalma ang sarili. "If you're really sorry then I don't want to hear a word from you unless we're already close."

Muli kaming natahimik sa loob ng sasakyan, but it didn't calm me either. A lot of things have been going on already, gusto ko na lang matapos 'tong lahat— with Khio being safe in my arms.

That's my only concern.

"We're almost there." He said, which made me open my eyes, it seemed like the place is far away from the city; basing on how quiet and empty the road is.

"D-do you think.. Reese already.."

"No. She told me she'll be keeping her for a few days."

"..What was she planning to do to her?"

He took a glance quickly but avoided my gaze right after.

"David."

"We're going to save her—"

"I want to know what Reese is planning on doing to her!"

He sighed deeply while shaking his head slightly, ".. I don't know.. Reese just told me that you'll never see her again—"

"Drive faster.. I don't care kung papa liparin mo 'tong sasakyan, basta dalhin mo ako kung nasaan si Reese and.. don't ever.. stop me from killing her myself."

"Solana, calm down."

"Calm down?!" I yelled at him, "How can I calm down when I don't even know kung ano na ang nangyari kay Khio ngayon! You saw her bruises.. you saw the blood.. on her.."

I slammed my hand on the window, David tried to hold me but I dismissively pushed him away.

"If you're going to let your anger take over you, it won't end well. Reese.. has no remorse, Solana. Malakas ang kapit niya sa cartel na sinalihan niya and that makes her powerful even if she's in another country, she doesn't care if people die in front of her. And I won't let that happen to you or to that kid."