Chapter 35

Khione

"I expect everyone to do great to uphold the name of our University. Thank you and may God Bless us all."

That was her ending speech.

Everyone is now at the gym after she was announced as the new President. Lahat ng mga estudyante ay gulat dahil hindi nila inaasahan na siya pala ang anak ng dating presidente.

That's true.

Nobody really knows the history about the founder of this school. So it would be a shock to know that the Professor we all know is now in that position.

"Nakakagulat pre." Parang timang na saad ni Maevis. "Gagu, kaya ba kayo nag-break—"

"Sige, ipaglandakan mo pa. Mag announce ka na rin kaya?"

"Oh hindi na nga, ito naman si boss baby." Nang-aasar na naman ang gunggong.

Paalis na sana ako ng gym dahil wala naman na kaming gagawin, magpeperform lang ang music club na hinahandle ni Ms. Beliciana to 'celebrate' Professor Clemonte's presidency.

But speaking of the devil..

"Khio! Finally, I was looking all over for you."

"Ms. Beliciana, bakit po?"

Parang iba ang kutob ko dito.

"We need someone to perform a solo song today. The one that I assigned for isn't here today."

Ayon nga.

Bakit ako lagi ang linalapitan pag walang kumakanta? Kahit ba naman dito, second option pa rin? Joke. Slight.

"Why me?"

"Is that even a question? I told you before, kung hindi ka lang art student, you would definitely fit into my class." Gustuhin ko man ang tumanggi but how can I actually say no with how bright her smile is?

"P-pero.."

"Pleaseeee.. just this once." She even gestured a number one hand sign while making a puppy face.

I momentarily closed my eyes and sighed as I nodded my head, rinig ko ang matinis na pagtili nito as she dragged me towards the front. They're preparing the stage now, and I could feel my whole system being nervous as I looked at the crowd inside the gym.

Malaki kasi ang gym ng University, so it covers almost all of the student body.

Am I really doing this?

Why didn't I even think that hundreds of eyes would be looking at me? I hate unwated attention the most.

"Here, I figured it's best if you'd play an acoustic instead."

Mukhang wala na nga 'tong atrasan, kinuha ko kay Ms. Beliciana ang guitar na hawak niya as I made my way towards the stage, pinakilala niya naman ako as the one going to perform.

And when she did, I noticed the way Solana looked up from reading something on her laptop.

Her eyes met mine, and I suddenly felt conscious with how she looks at me. Ilang araw na rin niya akong hindi ginugulo— or should I say, ako din ang umiiwas everytime she tries to talk to me.

The way she closed her laptop to focus her attention on me was something I did not expect. She always has that strong exterior when she's in her work mode.

Gustuhin ko man na umalis na lang, but I have to play now or baka ako lang din ang mapapahiya.

[ Song playing: Lifetime by Ben&Ben covered by Elli Monade ]
Play Media.