Chapter 25

Khione

I've been trying to talk to Ms. Vivien when she arrived in front of the condo, she had a stern look on her face when she saw me and Ms. Solana came out at the same time.

Sinabihan ko na siya kagabi about the other Professor tagging along with us but I never received any response from her, and by the looks of it, I think she isn't happy with the change of plans.

Habang yung katabi ko naman ay parang hindi iniinda ang timpla ng mukha niya, sa katunayan nga ay parang nang-aasar pa ang mga ngiting binigay niya sa kanya.

"It's a nice day isn't it? Are we going on a road trip, Vivien?"

"Who says I agreed with you tagging along?"

Bigla namang umiba ang mukha ni Ms. Solana at tinignan ako. Jusko, why am I in this situation again? I mentally facepalmed myself dahil nararamdaman ko na hindi talaga magiging peaceful itong trip na 'to.

"Can you both stop being passive-aggressive towards each other? Geez. Hindi na lang ako sasama—"

"No!"
"Hindi pwede!"

I turned to look at them at mukhang mga batang takot maiwan ng magulang, seriously am I the younger one here?

"Then make up with each other po."

"That's not your call, Avila." Ms. Solana said with a serious expression, habang si Ms. Vivien naman ay napaiwas ng tingin.

"Fine, just don't fight too much."

Matapos kong sabihin 'yon ay pumunta na ako sa may trunk ng Range Rover to put Ms. Solana and my stuff at the back, sinabihan kasi ako ni Ms. Vivien that we would be going a little further away from the city, basically a road trip. And also told me to pack some clothes that I'm comfortable with.

Pagbalik ko sa kanila ay hinintay pa nila ako. I looked at them weirdly because they don't even know what to do when I'm not around?

"Khio, sa unahan ka na maupo."

"And where will I be sitting?"

Ms. Vivien glanced at her quickly and let out a puff. "Since you're just tagging along, mind as well babysit moon for me."

Napatingin siya sa likuran and saw that Moon was also sitting there, she frowned and was about to protest when I reached out for her hand.

"I'll sit in the backseat."

In the end, wala rin silang choice as I immediately went beside Moon and peppered him with kisses. I settled in with my seat and grabbed the book that I'll be reading for the ride, hindi ko na sila binigyang pansin dahil baka ma-stress lang ako sa kanila.

And when they finally entered the car, Ms. Vivien played some songs on her stereo and started the engine.

"Saan po pala tayo pupunta?" I asked curiously.

"We'll be spending some time with the Nature." She proudly smiled at me. "Solana actually knows where that is."

Ms. Solana seemed shocked when she was included in the conversation, but seconds later composed herself and nodded at what she said. "Yeah, we usually spend holidays there."

"That's great, malapit lang po ba?"

"An hour drive lang. You'll definitely love it there, you will love the view of the lake and the trees around it."

I was excited to hear what kind of place we'll be going to, that's why she looks comfortable with her white shirt and black shorts pati na ang malaking jacket at sneakers. It's the first time I've seen her wear an outfit like this.