Chapter 42

Khione

Morning came and I couldn't even force myself to stand up, not right after what happened a few hours ago. I tried to put myself to sleep but then I'd wake up a couple of minutes later and the cycle repeats. Ngayon ko lang napansin na malapit na pala mag-alas diyes, pero nandito pa rin ako sa higaan ko and not moving an inch.

Uuwi na rin kami ngayong hapon yet I don't have the energy to even fix myself because I couldn't stop thinking about what happened.

Ms. Vivien has always been someone that I truly care as well, hindi dahil sa lagi niya akong sinasalba pag kailangan ko siya— fuck, now that I'm thinking about it, I can't help but to feel bad about those times I've ranted to her about me and Solana's situation, those drunken nights na lagi niya akong sinusundo at hinahatid. Those nights where I cried my heart out because of my pain.. while I failed to see hers.

Is that what Astrea meant? No wonder she's trying to protect her from me. And now, I've hurt her badly. Maybe I have been denying since the beginning of the thought that I might be the person she likes, kasi ayokong may magbago sa amin dalawa. But last night.. that really caught me off guard.

The way she tried to stop her tears— I can see that. I wanted to comfort her but I was too stunned to even speak or do something. Pagkatapos nga ng usapan namin na iyon ay bumalik agad ako sa kwarto dahil parang pasan ko ang mundo sa bigat ng nararamdaman ko.

And I'm sure it weighs on her more.

Pinikit ko ng marahan ang mga mata ko dahil hindi ko alam kung ano ang gagawin paglabas ko ng kwarto.

Everyone would notice the change in my behavior.

Umaga pa lang pero pagod na ang buong katawan ko.

"Khio, lunch will be ready in an hour. Get up now." It was Ely's voice behind the door.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute." I groaned quietly as I adjusted my position on my bed.

Akala ko ay nakaalis na ito dahil ilang segundo rin na tumahimik, pero nakarinig ako ng mahihinang katok at pagtikhim niya.

"Are you okay?"

"Mmhm."

"May I come in?"

I know Ely is persistent so I stood up to open the door for her, she took one glance and sighed. "You're a mess. I know you weren't drunk last night, hindi ka nalalasing kaagad but you looked like someone took a dump—"

"Ah, good morning to you, Elyzra." I said with a sarcastic tone. "I know I look shit."

"Okay, sorry, sorry." She chuckled, "What happened to you?"

Pumasok na ito sa loob at naupo sa kama ko while I made sure that the door was locked. I'm not planning to tell her about what Ms. Vivien did. It would be uncomfortable if that happens.

"I just had a hard time sleeping, that's all."

She squinted her eyes before placing her arms across her chest, "I sense that it's more than not having a good sleep."

I looked at her and sat beside her. Minsan natatakot din magtago ng sikreto kay Ely, mabilis niya itong mapick-up kung may mali, pero I'm sticking with not telling her anything..

Lalo na ang pagkakamabutihan namin ulit ni Solana and the part where I'm officially asking to be her lover— though I haven't received an answer yet.

"You're spacing out, may iniisip ka na ayaw mong sabihin sa'kin 'no?"

"Wala, pinaglihi ka ba sa pagiging overthinker? Pagod lang ako. I haven't been sleeping well for two days."

"There's a reason why you couldn't sleep. What is it?" She raised me a brow trying to squeeze an answer out of me.