Chapter 66-70

66 Payback Plan

Truffles were a special kind of existence. They usually grew under pine trees. A large cluster would grow under a pine tree.

Little Ah Yu dug up a few clusters with Meatball’s help.

Because Little Ah Yu’s small flower basket was full, the pockets of Wang Wulang and the others were also filled.

After picking up the “donkey dung” in the pits, the few of them went down the mountain.

When they returned to Old man Wang’s house, the adults were still busy moving the food. Everyone was busy taking the grain seeds to the fields to grow seedlings.

In order to snatch the harvest from the heavens, as long as they could do something, they would go. It did not matter if they were men or women.

Because the Wang Family had selflessly distributed the snake meat and food previously, the people of Hu Family Village also helped the Wang Family nurture the seedlings first.

Old man Wang’s family only had 15 mu of farmland. According to the calculation of 10 catties of grain seeds per mu, they had already planted 10 catties. Now, they still had to nurture more than 100 catties.

The rice seedlings were scattered in the prepared paddy fields. There were wheat, barley, and some vegetable seeds in the fields.

There was no way to grow food in the mountainous area, but everyone tried their best to get some winter-resistant and barren sorghum to sprinkle on some empty mountainous areas.

The grain seeds scattered in these places usually did not grow much, but it was still better than nothing.

“Eldest Brother, accompany Madam Feng to her family tomorrow morning.”

With the help of the villagers of Hu Family Village, more than 100 catties of grain seeds were planted in the fields in less than four hours. When the seedlings grew out, they would also help plant them.

Old Madam Wang thought about returning the money from before and called her family back one after another to make arrangements.

Wang Chuanfu was still a little stunned. “Why are we going to her family? Don’t we still have a lot of work to do?”

Raising seedlings was only the first step. They still had to continue composting, irrigate water, and build a shed.

“Didn’t I say it before? You have to pay back the money you owe. Don’t make things difficult for Madam Feng at her family’s house,” Old Madam Wang said. “Our family owes her 3,300 copper coins. Bring 3 taels of silver and 400 copper coins to return in front of her parents. In addition, bring 500 grams of the meat we bought over.”

Wang Chuanfu said, “We’ll return as much as we had borrowed but why are we returning so much?”

Although a thousand copper coins could be exchanged for one tael of silver, the other party might not agree to it.

One tael of silver was more valuable than a thousand copper coins. 3,300 copper coins was far inferior to three taels of silver and 300 copper coins.

“You blockhead, that’s your wife. Bring more money over so that she won’t suffer!” Old Madam Wang rolled her eyes at her son. “If she wants to go back home in the future, do you want to make things difficult for her over there? What’s the use of being a husband who doesn’t know how to be considerate of his wife!”

Before Wang Chuanfu could speak, Wang Chuanyuan happened to come over. Old Madam Wang brought him along as well. “Also, Thirdie, you can’t slack off this time. You have to go back with Madam Zhang. Returning the money is a big deal!”