Father's Proposal

Airi was brought out of her daze when her driver told her that she was home. She thanked him and went in the Yang mention and saw her mother sitting in the drawing room. As soon as she saw Airi she hurriedly came over to her and asked," Airi, are you okay?"

Airi just smiled weakly and said," Ma, I'm fine. I'll go back to my room now."

"Eat something before going." said her mother making her way to kitchen but Airi said," Nh, ma. Am not hungry, will be in my room." Her mother saw her heading back to her room and sighed saying," My dear daughter is upset! Damn that secretary of my husband." she was annoyed to see her kid looking depressed. 

At night Mrs. Yang saw her husband coming in from the main gate. She looked at him and went over and smiled at him and said," Honey, you tired?"

Her husband smiled at her and said," Nh, it was nothing compared to crisis we've faced earlier. Our legal team can take care of it. It's all under control. Don't worry it's alright. Where is my daughter?"

"No, now that you aren't tired tell me what did you say to MY daughter?" Mrs. Yang emphasized on the word 'my'. At which her husband chuckled and hugged her and said," She's our daughter, alright? I didn't say anything to her but she needs to know the value her words and signature holds. She needs to learn that now."

"What's going on your mind?" she asked as they made their way to their room.

"Hm, she needs a bit of training. I'll provide her with it other than that nothing else."

"She's just a kid for god's sake."

" She will be of 19 soon. She's old enough."

"Ya that's what i said she's just of 18. What's the rush, honey?"

"Huh, there are vultures flying ever our head dear. We need to secure the roots if we want to hold the same position in future as well."he sighed as he said it looking at her wife and she kept her mouth shut understanding the seriousness of the situation.  

After a while he spoke again," Did she eat something?" asked looking at his wife saw her shaking her head. 

"Get the dinner prepared. I'll bring her down." he said as he left going out of the room. Many thoughts were going on in his mind as he climbed stairs to his daughter's room. When he was at the door and knocked softy and went inside. He looked at the dimly lit room and remembered how it was always bright whenever he entered the room except for nights. He looked at the solitude of his daughter sitting at the edge of the window looking out lost in her thoughts. His heart ached at the sight of his bright and always smiling child looking so dull. He switched on the lights and saw her turning her head towards him. Her pretty eyes were puffy and still head moisture. He sighed as he went over to her and sat next to her. 

After a while he spoke up," Airi, why are you sitting here in dark?" he asked gently but didn't get an response and he tried again," Talk to me, will you? There are many things you are gonna face in life how will you be able to handle it if you can't handle such little crisis?"

"I'm not afraid of problems, dadda." he heard Airi spoke lightly. He kept an comforting arm around her and said," i know you are a strong girl, Now will you tell me where does the problems lie?"

" I just didn't want to disappoint you and Mama." she said as sobs starting coming out of her.

" Aww our baby is a big baby now. No one is disappointed on you, got it?"

She looked up confused," You ain't disappointed in me dadda?"

"No, not at all. How can we be disappointed in you? You did your best in academics not to mention your other skills. Such a smart and pretty daughter we have, why would we be disappointed. I understand that you don't have confidence in your skills, it's okay we'll help you with that don't you worry." and he saw Airi nodding and said." Okay now don't think too much leave it on me. Let's go eat. Your mumma is waiting. Or maybe you ain't hungry?"

"No no pa, I'm hungry. Let's go down together." she said getting up but her father remained sited. She turned to look at him with questioning look and heard him chuckle and then he said, "Go wash your face. If your mum sees you in this look I'll be dead or at least will have a few fractures." that made her curious and she had a look a mirror and let out a shout and came back to her father and said," Appa, my face looks so ugly!!!"

Her father laughed and said," Nh you look cute. Wash up and let's go down to eat."

" I look..." she started saying but was cut off by her father said," You look good. Just wash your face so that the tear strains will fade away and then we'll go downstairs together. No more discussion on that."

Airi heard her father's statement and just pouted but went to washroom to freshen up a bit. After a few minutes the pair went downstairs to find Mrs. Yang helping maids in settling table. She looked up at Airi and came over to her and just hugged her and said, "Let's have dinner. I specially made the dishes you like."

Airi looked at her mumma and asked, "You cooked?"

Her mother pulled back and said, "Well at least I told them what to make and even helped out a bit. Whatever let's eat." And she took a hold of Airi's hand and took her to dining table and they settled down and had their dinner.
After the meal was over, ice creams were served and Airi was feeling better and more cheerful after a full stomach.

She looked over at her father and said," Pa I'm ready to face your punishment. I won't back off. I'll prove my worth to everyone who doubts my abilities." She said while scooping ice cream in her spoon but ended up spilling over her dress and messing her resolve declaration.

Her parents laughed at her behavior and her father gave her the tissues and looked at her busily cleaning her mess and said, "No one is here to punish you. I'll just be proposing something. Weather you want to do it or not it's all up to you. You didn't commit a crime or something."

She looked up again and said, "Proposal?"

" Ya a proposal. Not an order or something you are bound to do. I believe that if you will accept it will be for better and even if you don't I don't have anything to complain about. You will learn how to operate sooner or later. No pressure needed." said her father lightly with a smile.

" You already have thought of everything haven't you, honey?" asked Mrs. Yang and saw him nodding.
" What are you gonna do with my daughter?" she asked again.

Mr. Yang chuckled and said," I won't sell her off or anything not to mention that she's my daughter as well."

" But dadda will you tell me what I'm supposed do no now?" asked the youngest Yang.

" No baby, you need to wait. As for how long I'll have to see." replied her father and Airi just nodded as she knew that nothing else could be gained form it and said, "Got it father. Tell me whenever you think that the timing is right."
And no more discussions were held on the topic that evening.