e i g h t

Your eyes

Naomi

Tires screeching.

A sudden jolt.

Smoke rising from the engine as I look down at my bruised body. My arms laying restless on my thigh, blood pouring from the deep gashes in the skin.

Glass glistening on the footwell as well as my hands. Slowly, my eyes drift to the other side of the car. His motionless self spread on the seat, red liquid stained clothes clinging to him. This can't be happening..

I try to shift but it's too difficult. No matter how agonising the pain is, I can't look away from Valentino. Grazes and small shards of glass are noticeable on his face, making tears well up in my eyes. A slight gasp leaves Valentino's lips. I can tell that his whole body is aching. Vaguely, I hear footsteps thudding towards the vehicle accompanied by a muffled voice that I can't quite make out. The sound of my phone ringing blares from beside me.

I guess it wasn't real? That was fucking terrifying.

I pick up my phone and check the time.

2.30pm

And a missed call from Maria

Shit, I should be at Maria's house right now! Quickly, I get out of bed and run into my bathroom moments later. After my rushed yet refreshing shower, I get changed and head downstairs to get food.

By the time the kitchen is in a state, I get another call from Maria. I will ring her back in a minute. This mango is calling out my name right now! I'm sure she will understand. Shortly after stuffing my face, I take my car keys from the drawer and walk out onto the driveway. I should really call her right now.

Why isn't she picking up? Fuck it, I will just turn up.

*20 mins later*

It's not like I live here or anything, but it's comforting to know that I am always welcome. And that is why I turn up unannounced all the time. Karina loves me, I don't blame her! Before I get out of the car, I put in my gold earrings that Demi got for me as a gift. They are so classy. Wait, why is the driveway practically empty? The only car left is Mr Miciela's Range Rover and a red Ferrari that I have never seen before.

Well, this is just fucking great, isn't it? I haven't spoken to Maria's father for a long time as he is never home. I forgot that he even existed if I am being completely honest. Without over-thinking even more, I press the door bell and hope that Maria opens it.

Slowly the tall door opens, revealing a very attractive man. Now I see what Karina means. His kids have a lot of his features. One being his extremely dark hair. The whole family is beautiful. "It has been a long time, Naomi" Mr Miciela says, buttoning up his shirt.

I completely zone out for a second but when my vision focuses again, I notice something.

A red stain.

Dark red is prominent on the left side of his neck. Something is definitely going on.."Is Maria home?" I ask, my eyes scanning his face. "No, her and her mother have gone to the mall and Valentino is at a basketball game, darling" he replies.

First of all don't call me darling. And why does he keep glancing behind him frequently? This man is obviously hiding something. "How about you take me to Valentino's game?" I ask, hoping for a yes."In a moment Naomi but I will just drop you off, if that is okay?". I nod.

I wait patiently in Mr Miciela's Range Rover for a good five minutes until he opens the door and gets in. This time, his hair is much tidier and the lipstick is nowhere to be seen. Without hesitation, He speeds out onto the road, leaving the Ferrari on it's own.

My eyes are still gripped to that car until we are far enough away from the house.

Who's is it?

_________________________________________

Valentino

Currently, I am in the boys locker room trying to get changed. But the constant talking is making me distracted. I need to win this game. Once my shoes are on, I walk out of the room and over to my friends. Sam looks pretty motivated, Jacob looks drained and there is no sign of Rohan.

I keep thinking about Naomi. Is she avoiding me? Because she was supposed to come over to my house but she never turned up."Hey Val!" A hideous voice echoes from behind me. I know exactly who this is. Slowly, I turn around and a guy slightly shorter than me with brown hair is stood with a nasty smirk on his face. This fucking idiot. Maria's boyfriend of 1 year.

Chase's bright green eyes are staring into my soul. My patience is really going to be tested today because of him on my team. I have practically known this asshole since middle school and he just gets worse everytime I see him. I respect Maria's choices, but chase is not a good guy whatsoever.

Chase continues to stare, his eyes widening when I take a step closer. Scared? "The game is about to start, dickhead" I say, taking another step towards him. "Play well, Val". Don't fucking call me that. Before I could reply, the coach interrupts.

We begin warming up on the left side of the court, the coach leading us through the exercises. Our competitors are on the other side, preparing for the game. My eyes drift towards the seats at the back of the court, no sign of my father who said he would come and watch me play. Yet another fucking lie. This man has never made an effort with me.

Once the whistle is blown, we are told to get into our positions. Sam at shooting guard, Rohan and the others in their places. Seconds later, the game begins.

Within the first quarter, we had already scored a lot despite the pretty strong defence. Quickly, we make our way down the court, I dribble up to the 3pt line and pass to Rohan. At this point, I notice that the other team is struggling to figure out our next move. Rohan suddenly passes the ball to me and I take a shot.

I watch the ball fly effortlessly into the net and moments later, the crowd explodes! Fuck, this is going really well. Our team gathers to celebrate but when we break apart to continue the game, I notice that crazy girl sat at the back, smiling. I can spot her from a mile away. But why is she here?

Just like that, everything is blurred out, apart from her. Naomi's eyes lay onto mine. That feeling I get when I see her, rises in my stomach. It is so easy to forget about everything when I am gazing into her eyes. Naomi does not break eye contact with me until the whistle blows again.

Just her presence motivated me to win the game.

And we did..

_________________________________________

See you in the next one!

🗝️✧.*
Chapter~ eight
Words~ 1187

Vote if you enjoyed