o n e

First day of senior year

Valentino

As I walk back into school again for the first time in ages, I think about how I can't get this one person off of my mind. Every minute I spent during summer was filled with thoughts about her. I'm sure that she probably doesn't like me but I just can't ignore my feelings.

I push past the freshman's lingering in the corridor, my eyes scanning the busy hallway. Why aren't my friends here yet? I can never rely on them. The bell rang so I should probably find my way to class. Chemistry. What a shit subject.

_________________________________________

Naomi

Why did I sleep in? I'm probably going to be late so I should message Maria. Everyone is probably at school by now. Too bad! the class will have to wait.

After messaging my friend, there is a loud knock on my door. Without my permission, my mom storms into my room, obviously angry from the noticeable frown on her face. "Why the fuck aren't you ready yet!" She shouts from the doorway, her sharp gaze piercing through my soul. "I will wait 15 minutes, if you are not down here by then, you will have to find your own way to school!" She adds before slamming the door behind her. Surprisingly, I shower and make myself presentable enough in the time limit. The moment I get downstairs, I run to the kitchen and throw food into my backpack before grabbing my converse and rushing out to get into the silver car outside.

Twenty minutes later, we pull up outside the school gates, no sign of any kids outside the building. While quickly grabbing my bag from the foot well, I wave my mom off and thank her for driving me here, her shouting still echoing in my mind as I rush into the entrance. I'm going to have to run to class. However, I didn't even get time to pick out an appropriate outfit either, this dress that's way too small for me will have to do.

"Sorry I'm late miss!" I say, panting because I'm out of breath from running. "It's okay, take a seat by the window at the back" the teacher says in a low tone. As I look up from the floor, I make eye contact with my enemy. His warm hazel eyes focus on me so intensely. Is he smirking? Only then do I realise that I have to sit next to him."Fuck no." I mumble under my breath. This day cant get any worse surely..

As I take a seat I can feel everyone staring at me. I really can't be doing with this today. Valentino has always been so competitive in school, especially with me. His eyes narrow as I take out a pen and a small piece of paper and start writing a little something on it. I lean over the desk and hand it to him.

________________________________________

Valentino

I walk into the chemistry class, regretting my life choices. But at least I can think about her to pass the time. After a while, the door flies open and a girl in a short floral dress comes running in and panting like she had just ran a marathon. I laugh to myself- What an idiot.

But as she moves her hand away from her face, I realise it is the beautiful girl who I had been dreaming about all summer. That dress truly does her wonders, you can see every curve of her body and the red flowers embroidered on it bring out the colour of her pretty green eyes. Why am I so nervous? This isn't like me.

My eyes slowly drift back to her after lingering at the floor. Naomi's cheeks are bright red and I can see her fiddling with her hands. Her anxiety. Fuck she's walking over. As she looks up from the ground, I get lost in her gorgeous eyes. I need to look away, but my eyes are saying otherwise.

As Naomi walks closer to the desk, I feel myself tense up. Shivers travel down my whole body. Perfume fills the air as she sits down, its so sweet like her. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her edging closer. I can feel my heart racing. Slowly, she reaches into her bag and takes out a pen and some paper. A small smile is noticeable on her pretty face as she scribbles something on the paper. The moment the pen clatters on the desk, her eyes are locked on me. Naomi hands me the note. Without questioning her, I open it.

Can I come round today?
To see Maria, not you.

I nod. Of course you can.

_________________________________________

Very short first chapter sorry!

🗝️ ✧.*
Chapter~ one
Words~782

Vote if you enjoyed