chapter 9 it is fixed

Shalini

To say that I was shocked was an understatement. What a coincidence it could be that in whole of Banaras I was living and got fake wedded to my parents old friend's son .

To top it off , they were fine by me marrying Rudra .

My parents and Amma decided to get me and Rudra actually married, they want us to marry in traditional way.

Thanks to this new decision I and Rudra are not allowed to talk or meet ( because it is not fine for the bride and groom to see each other before the marriage)

so we have not even decided what to do about all this mess .

I need to talk to Rudra immediately , plus Seema still have no idea about this fake marriage proposal.

I decide to text Rudra and ask him to meet me at the roof .

I and Seema were staying in my room so I had to wait till she went to sleep. After I was sure she was sleeping I decided to go on the roof our meeting point.

I saw Rudra sitting on the edge of the roof. He was holding a non lit cigarette in his hand .

Seeing me , he kept the cigarette in his shirt pocket.

" Rudra ,I don't want to marry you "

" You think I want too" he gave me a irritated look .

" Look I don't want to fight , this is a mess you created. Please, let's do something to stop all this "

Rudra who was looking at the ghat at the distance, looked at me at the statment I just made.

He was about to say something when seema entered the roof.

" I know you both are married but you both will have to wait till you both get married properly" seema took me my hand away from Rudra.

" Seema there is something you should know" I said before she could drag me away .

" We are not married " I said looking at Rudra , who was still sitting on the edge .

" What " seema was confused.

" It's a fake one , not actually married just pretending" Mr silent had finally spoke the words.

" But why"

I told seema about Amma's condition and how we decided to fake our marriage.

We even told her about our plan for coming out of it.

In short , to describe our present situation , we were f**ked .

.... 

Next morning was a horror show for me .

Amma had called a pandit to fix a date for the wedding.

" Shalini , come here and get the blessings from the family pandit " Amma called me .

As I was about to touch the priest's feet I felt a strong presence next to me . I turned my face to see Rudra next to me, touching the feet too .

" May you have a long and happy married life. " the priest blessed us.

I was having anxiety because of all this . Everything was wrong , I wanted to shout and scream but could not .

Rudra was acting wierd too ( like tell me something new ) , he was constantly looking at me and was being over friendly with my parents.

He was making me angry again ( totally not new , tell me one time I am not angry when I see him) .

I was about to faint because of all this mess in my life, I felt a hand on my lower back , it was weirdly comforting . It was Rudra's hand .

" Have you eaten anything" he asked looking at me .

" Why do you care"

" I don't , you were about to faint . People might think you are pregnant . Did not want to create any misconception . Just looking out for myself " he said coming close to my ear , his close proximity was not good for my heart .

Before I could say anything, he went towards my mother and took the hot food pot from her hands and carried it to the table.

" You are smiling" seema commented from behind me

" I hate him"

....

" Congratulations, you both will officially be married at the end of the month" Tara said excitedly .

I actually went silent, tears were about to fall .

Tara left the room when Amma called her .

" Shalini , tell me honestly, why do you not want to marry Rudra for real. He is a nice guy and  his family is also nice"

" Seema , I know he is a nice guy but I don't want to to marry him , we are very different "

" Maybe If you both give each other a chance thing can always work "

" Seema , Rudra is very clear he doesn't want to marry, it was the reason we decided to fake the marriage"

Now I was having a full breakdown.

....
I woke up at 4 after practically crying my life out on Seema's shoulder

I did not want to walk her up so ,I decided to do some work ( for which I was actually in Banaras ) . I took my laptop and decided to sit on the swing and complete some of the writing.

After an hour I finally closed my laptop. I was shocked to see Rudra sitting on a cot opposite to the swing.

" Why are you sitting her"

" Is your work completed "

" Yeah, but why are you sitting here and not sleeping"

" I can ask you the same anyway I am hungry want to go outside and have breakfast"

I could actually take a break from all this mess

" Sure"

After changing our clothes , I went to Rudra who was sitting on his bike .

Giving me the helmet , he started the bike and soon we left the house.