chapter 2: why are you here

Shalini

Banaras railway station : 4:00 am

The train has finally reached the station , after that call last night I was happy to reach my destination .

 I am here for work and I have to finish it by the end of this month or the result will not be good for me. (Being a writer is not easy )

I am staying in a rental room near the  Dashashwamedh Ghat , it is one of the main ghats in Varanasi because it is located near the Kashi vishwanath temple.

Leaving the train coach , I looked at all the people who I was traveling with ,some still a sleep ,some enjoying their morning tea from the station and at last, I saw the people I got to know during my time in training.

From the coach window i could see Komal and Jai walking in the station and stretching there body, (traveling by train is fun but super tiring and I still like it ). The girls were still sleeping and looked really cute in there blankets.

Getting distracted by a loud noise , I finally saw Rudra who was keeping his luggage on the berth and packing . Was this his station too ,questions those are the only things I have when I see this man .

“ Need something” a clear heavy voice brought me back from my thoughts. Rudra was looking at me like I was crazy .

I was about to give him a savage coment when Jai and Komal returned back to the coach, I wished them good morning and they wished me and Rudra the same .

" Is this your station " komal asked , nodding my head in a yes , I finally checked if i left something or not  .

" So both of you are traveling to Varanasi" Jai said , answering to my previous question in mind .

"It was nice getting to know you both" komal said happily

God I swear she is an angel ,  saying it was good to know a the man who did not say a single word in our conversation last night except his name .

The talk came to a hold when Rudra's phone rang , he collected his stuff and got down from the train without even a goodbye to Jai or Komal .

Things got awkward , creating a wired air in the coach. Finally breaking the silence , Jai offered to help me get my bag out the coach .

Saying goodbyes to the Malhotra family .

I was finally in Banaras.

******

The rental room I was staying at is actually a house owned by a young girl and her grandmother, they rent out rooms of their home and host different guest from all around the world and get them a homely environment through out their stay .

I got to know about this place from one of my workmates ,who had stayed here a few years back and could not stop suggesting it when i was told to stay at Banaras for work.

Getting this room was a adventure itself too . I had to call the number like hundred times before i could finally talk and get a room .

Standing infront of the old town style beautiful house , covered in different types of plants around it , i think all the problems while booking was worth it.

I ring the bell out side the mental gate and a chant of 'om' travels through out the area .

After a while a beautiful young girl comes into my view , she was wearing a pink kurti and had her soft and long hair tide in a braid , her face was bright with a pretty smile and her welcoming energy created a positive atmosphere around her.

"Hi , You must be Shalini" the young girl asked me

Giving my introduction to her , we entered the house.

The house was even more beautiful from inside, the courtyard had a large swing at a corner (which will be my favourite place in the house , I am positive) on the other side of the swing, cots were kept giving the area a cousy feeling.  The walls were painted in cream colour with a lot of traditional art on it .

" I am sorry but you will have to wait for a while , your room is getting ready for your stay. You can wait here if you like "

she pointed at the siting area of the country.

" Actually can I leave my stuff here  and  visit the temple , if you don't mind my bag being in the yard"

Tara gave me a sweet smile and assured me that my things will be safe and will be kept in the room if i was fine with it , i was a more than fine .

I visited the Kashi vishvanath temple , taking the blessing of lord Shiva and praying my work will be completed without any issues .

The environment of the temple was rich, filled with positive energy and helped me get a little carmer of the nervousness i was feeling but did not notice.

I spend some time on the ghat and finally decided to return to the house .

Tara saw me enter the house, she gave me the keys to my room and told me to go to the room on right on the second floor, she looked tensed while telling me the instructions, but not asking about it , i decided to go to my room .

As I was about to step on the staircase, I was interrupted by my phone .

After the killing call , I was on the second floor  but not remembering the room in which I was told to , I went to the left one .

The door was open , thinking my bags were already inside , I did not give it much though .

I screamed as soon as the door open a man was standing near the bed ,in a towel . As if it was not that scary, it was the crazy man from the train .

"Why are you here !

........
Show love and support  vote and comment on the story

Give your suggestion for improvement

Hope you guys like it 💕