(3) Stay Omega Stay

Depuis le début

                On the cloud-like bed was a body resting almost completely still in it. The only way to know that it was alive was the staggered raising and falling of his chest. His eyes were closed, his black eyelashes kissing his high cheekbones. His hair was a beautiful golden color, similar to Fia's exotic looking style, however it was a lot brighter than her dulling head.  I could tell that his skin had once been naturally tan, but now it was almost was white at the sheets covering him.

                The last thing I noticed was the frail woman on his bedside, her sobs clearly heard underneath her brown curls. Though her head was resting on the bed, I could still hear her muffled pleas for him to wake up. She was in a chair, and was still dressed in the same elegant dress she had been in before. I didn't need to know her to know who she was. This crying girl was my brother's mate.

                "London sweetie." She didn't respond when Sheila called to her. "Why don't you go and eat something? You can't starve yourself, Clayton wouldn't want you to hurt you or the baby."

                The baby; how could I have forgotten? My brother was going to be a father and I knew I was slowly taking that from him. His sacrifice wasn't right. How could the Moon Goddess do this? Why did she want to torture my family like this and leave my niece of nephew without a father? I would never allow that, I couldn't possibly do something like that to someone.

                "London, please eat, take a shower, and get some rest. I can almost guarantee Clayton will pull through. He's almost as stubborn as his father." Sheila coaxed before hesitantly taking steps towards the crying girl.

                "Almost." The croaked voice was heard, and the girl turned her head to look at Sheila. "You can almost guarantee he'll live. He's my mate and I love him, he can't die like this." At the end of her sentence she was already looking back at my dead looking brother.

                "London, please." Sheila was almost begging now, her eyebrows knitted and her frown more prominent.

                "He told me to move on when he dies." London sobbed, her hand clutching her chest as if it were about to fall out and crumble. "How can I possibly do that? I love him, damn it, I love him!"

                "I'll tell you if there's any news, I promise." I spoke up, watching as the brunettes head snapped to mine, realizing there was another person in the room. "I would really like to speak to my brother."

                "You're Penelope?" She gasped, tears welling in her brown eyes before they turned cold. "You're the reason he's dying, I knew he was up to something that he wasn't telling!"

                She sprung out of the chair and charged at me, but Sheila grabbed her arm and gave a warning look. London tugged out of her grip before pushing past us, her dress slapping me hardly at the ankle. When she passed, I noticed the small baby bump easily noticeable through the tight dress. I felt a pang in my heart but shook it away. With a small smile, Sheila followed after my brother's mate, and closed the door gently behind her.

                I sighed, noticing my brother's sleeping form in the bed. This was all my fault, but I don't know how to fix it. There needs to be a sacrifice in order to become the Moon Goddess. What will happen if there isn't a sacrifice? Will I be able to die and live in the afterlife with my mate like Logan was, even though he didn't have a mate?

                I sat in the chair London had once been in, and folded my hands together tightly on my lap. Clearing my throat, I debated what my first words would be to my unconscious brother. Oliver told me that someone in a coma could hear you speaking to them, and it made them far less lonely. I cleared my throat again before I finally found the words to voice.