Chapter twenty nine- She'll be fine

Chapter twenty nine- She'll Be Fine

Ashlyn frowned as she woke up, What the hell is wrong with my mother? She might be just as bad as Gyokuen! Angrily, she got out of bed and looked herself over. Light grey marks decorated her left arm, in perfect horizontal lines. How did I never notice these? They couldn't have been here... Someone else would have noticed them. She then got an idea. Maybe as I remember things they come back physically as well? That's weird...How would that even work?

Everything around her began changing. "Again?! But I was awake?!" Ashlyn exclaimed. This time, the room turned white.

"Oh, darling. You never stop, do you?" The familiar eerie voice greeted her.

"You?" Ashlyn looked at the man in confusion. "Why am I here again?"

"Because one warning isn't enough for you, apparently." The man spoke. He seemed irritated. "I'd love to be nice to you, darling. I'm on your side. But seriously. You need to stop."

"Stop what? It's not like I'm trying to remember anything."

"You keep trying to force yourself to remember what will happen. So you can protect that boy, am I right?" The man spoke, his tone calm again. "Hakuryuu Ren?"

"Well..." Ashlyn looked away. "I guess..."

"And you've noticed it's affecting your health, yes?"

"Yeah..." She admitted, "I'm not really hungry anymore... And my head hurts all the time..."

"Mhm." The man nodded. "You need to understand that if you keep trying to remember, nothing good will come from it."

"Alright. Fine. I won't keep forcing myself."

"Good, good. Besides that, please be careful, dear. I fear this show might end much sooner than it should."

"What does that mean?"

"Don't get yourself killed."

"Yeah, you say that a lot. I don't plan on it."

"Even if you don't plan on it, I fear it may happen. You've learned very valuable information this time. There are some who don't want you knowing it. Some who have wanted you erased for a while now." The man warned, completely serious. Ashlyn could sort of see his green eyes through his white bangs.

"Ok..." She agreed, although she didn't understand. This man is insane. "When are you going to explain who you are? How do you know all of this? I don't even know your name."

"It will all make sense eventually. But hopefully not for a while." The man smiled. "I do not have a name."

"Seriously? What do I call you, then?" Ashlyn wondered why she'd never asked this before. "Hey...you remind me of that one guy..." She tried to remember.

"No forcing yourself." He scolded.

"Oh, sorry..." Ashlyn stopped. It wasn't an easy thing to not do.

The man sighed, "Alright, time to go back. You've been out for a while. I'm sure that boy is worried."

~

Ashlyn woke with a start, quickly sitting up. Her throat ached still. How long was I out? She quickly got out of bed. She thought over everything she knew now about Alma Torran. How had Aladdin managed to keep this a secret for so long? There's so much I want to tell Hakuryuu! She paused and looked around, Wait...where am I? It almost looked like she was in a hospital-type area.

"Lady Ashlyn! You're awake!" A woman dressed in robes rushed to her side. "You musn't be out of bed, My Lady!"

"How long was I out?" Ashlyn asked, refusing to lie back down.

"For over a month now. You've had Prince Hakuryuu and the others very worried about you." The nurse informed her.

"A month?!" Ashlyn exclaimed. Oh no... Who knows what's happened while I was out! "I've got to go find Hakuryuu."

"My Lady! Wait! You need proper care!" The nurse tried.

Ashlyn didn't listen and continued to leave. She was lost for a few moments, unsure where she was in the palace. Crap...Where am I?! She looked around frantically, then realized she needed to calm down. Sure, I've got good information...Ryuu needs to know Gyokuen is Arba, and everything else about Alma Torran, but I can't freak out so much. There's no need to rush. But she couldn't shake the feeling she was being stalked as she walked through the palace halls.

"There are some who don't want you knowing it. Some who have wanted you erased for a while now."

"Shut up!" Ashlyn hissed to herself. What does he know? He's just some creepy dude. He's probably not even real. She couldn't help but wonder who wanted her 'erased' though. Was it Judar? He wasn't exactly on good terms with Ashlyn. No, he wouldn't... He knows killing me would just piss off Hakuryuu. She thought about that for a moment. She stopped walking. Someone who wants to piss off Hakuryuu... "Gyokuen."

Ashlyn glanced around. She had no idea where she was, but she was sure Hakuryuu had to be nearby. She was in some room, closed off to everywhere else. It was impossible to tell exactly what room this was, they all looked the same to Ashlyn. Red wallpaper. Dragons and other Chinese-type things everywhere. Ashlyn noticed there was only one exit. She looked behind her and gasped when she realized she wasn't alone.

"I've been meaning to speak with you, Ashlyn."

~

Hakuryuu laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. It had been a month since Ashlyn had 'fallen asleep'. He was worried. He almost hated how it bothered him so much. He didn't mean to get so attached. He knew he shouldn't've. He wished he never reached out to her- or anyone else. Aladdin, Alibaba, Morgiana. None of them. He might have even regretted reaching out to Sinbad as well. But it was a little late for that now. The prince had fallen in love, and there was no changing that. Hakuryuu had a feeling something bad was going to happen, but he shook it off. She'll wake up. She did every other time. He also wished he could understand her. Understand who or what she really was. She was very strange. None of the memories she'd gotten back made any sense. He still loved having her around, though. Even if she was a bit awkward sometimes. He smiled at the the thought of all the times she'd bush horribly. She'll be fine.

~