Chapter ten- Gladiator

Ashlyn stumbled as she was pushed farther into the ring. She turned around to see her master glaring at her, "You better win this! Unlike that useless Doi!" She gulped and turned back around, already terrified at how large the ring was. Ashlyn held a steel sword, both hands wobbling from her anxiousness and inability to carry such a heavy weapon. She was already shaking, wanting to curl into a ball and hide from the hundreds of excited spectators watching her.

Several Reim soldiers moved to the sidelines as a large creature entered the ring. It was huge, covered in brown fur, with giant fangs. It looked like an overgrown rat, but some features were off. It's front legs were those of some type of bird, large claws covered in fur. And it's tail was light pink, looking like that of a scorpion. And to top it off, it had whiskers protruding from it's face, sharp enough to kill.  

 I'm supposed to fight this?! Ashlyn took several shocked steps away from the monster.

"And now, the match with begin! First, a new creature, never before seen in this arena, Daisy! And her opponent, a newly added slave, Ashlyn!"

~

"Lady Scheherazade? You're going to watch a match? I thought you didn't care for them."

"I don't, really." The female magi spoke flatly, watching as the younger girl in the ring ran around, struggling to avoid Daisy's attacks.

"Then why are you? Are you interested in this...girl?" Muu Alexius, a pink hair and eyed, muscular, man asked.

"I'm not sure..." Scheherazade frowned slightly, continuing to watch the girl, who by now had taken lots of damage, struggle.

~

Ashlyn ran, her sword long forgotten as it had been knocked across the arena, trying to remember how Alibaba won his fight. At least he has sword skills! I don't! I mean...He used his surroundings...didn't he? She searched for the statues she remembered surrounded the ring.

Using Alibaba's tactic, she ran towards the statue of a man holding a spear. Running behind it, she expected to hear the statue shatter and crumble from Daisy barreling through it. But it never came. Ashlyn quickly glanced back, and to her horror saw that Daisy had maneuvered around the statue, and was now right behind her.  

"No!!" Ashlyn screamed as Daisy grabbed her with a clawed arm, digging the talons into her. I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I'm going to die... She kept repeating to herself as Daisy threw her around like a dog playing fetch with herself. Throwing Ashlyn across the arena, then running after her to throw her again. Why did this happen? I wonder if my family's in the crowd right now...Not even knowing that I'm their daughter...Not knowing that their daughter is going to die any second now...

~

"Who is this? Why are you calling me?" A man spoke quickly and harshly into his phone.

"Dad? It's me...Ashlyn." A younger Ashlyn cried into the phone. "Your daughter."

"I don't have a daughter."

"Yes you do! Please Dad, Mom's real bad. She needs help. I need help." Ashlyn begged.

"I don't know who this is, but I swear, you better stop this game."

"I'm not joking! Why won't you listen to me?!" Ashlyn yelled.

"Ashlyn!" Her drunken mother slurred from the other room. "Who're you talkin' to? Get off the damn phone and get in here!"

"I-I'm coming!" Ashlyn called back, her voice cracking. She turned back to her cell phone, "Please, Dad. I'm begging you."

"No. I don't have a daughter, and if you dare call this number again I'll have you reported to the police." Her father's voice was cold and mean.

~

 Ow...Everything hurts... Ashlyn was barely conscious. Her entire body ached, and she could feel something digging into both of her arms. What the hell is that? And did I remember something about myself? Why now? She slowly opened her eyes to see Daisy right above her. Her claw-like front legs were holding Ashlyn's arms down as the creature practically drooled over her. Ashlyn tried to struggle and break free, but she couldn't. She's gonna eat me!!

~

"Muu, who is that girl?"

"I'm not sure, Lady Scheherazade. She has the same master as the boy from yesterday, though. She also has a strange name. Ashlyn."

"Stop the match." Scheherazade ordered, not looking back at the male, half-blood Fanalis.

"Excuse me, Lady Scheherazade?" Muu's eyes widened in shock.

"Stop the match, Muu. Before that beast eats her." The female magi repeated. This girl...She doesn't have any rukh. She must be the one King Sinbad informed me of...

"I..." Muu looked between the magi and the girl struggling beneath Daisy. What's so special about her? "As you wish."  

~

Author's Note-

If I have time, I'll upload chapter 11 tonight :D It kinda goes with everything, so might as well~!