Chapter twenty three- Sudden Questions and Over Excited Answers

Over the next few months, the two dungeon capturers grew closer. Ashlyn began to realize Hakuryuu was a lot more relaxed around her, even more so than around Hakuei. She also grew more relaxed around him, although his behavior scared her at times. By now, they had subdued all of the local ethnic groups, leaving them nothing to do but train.

Ashlyn didn't mind this, though. She had now mastered her djinn equip. She could now perform a full equip, and keep it going as long as any other metal vessel user. She had awakened several powers in Zarad too, although the djinn having two magic types was unusual. Ashlyn decided not to question it.

"Hah! Got you!" Ashlyn smirked as she held Hakuryuu in place from behind, one blade at his neck and another at his chest.

"Damn." Hakuryuu cursed.

Ashlyn let him go, "You were good that time. A lot quicker."

"Not quick enough." Hakuryuu insisted. "I need to get stronger if I want to achieve my goal."

"We need to get stronger, you mean." Ashlyn corrected. She might be scared of his angry behavior sometimes, but she couldn't deny that Gyokuen needed to die. She completely agreed that Kou belonged to Hakuryuu as well. Only his methods of achieving his goals bothered her. "Remember, I'm behind you one hundred percent." She smiled.

"Right. I appreciate your help." Hakuryuu smiled back. "You truly are an amazing woman." Ashlyn blushed. "And your djinn possess power I've never seen."

"Yeah, he's wicked awesome." Ashlyn said, looking over her daggers. "Lightning, short-distance teleportation..."

"Invisibility," Hakuryuu added.

"Oh yeah! That too."

"That, especially, will be very useful in the future," Hakuryuu put down his spear and walked over to her.

"Yeah." Ashlyn agreed. She deactivated her weapon equip.

"For that reason, and a few others, I want you to never leave my side." Hakuryuu stopped a few feet away from her.

"Of course."

"Ever."

"I'm not leaving, Hakuryuu." Ashlyn chuckled a bit. "What are you getting at?"

Hakuryuu almost looked embarrassed. An expression she hadn't seen him wear in months. "I'm asking you to marry me, Ashlyn-dono. Become the empress of the new empire I'll build."

"R-Really?!" Ashlyn's eyes widened. She never thought he'd ask that. The question began weighing down on her as she realized what it meant. Marry Hakuryuu...? The familiar feeling she'd get in her chest whenever he was around came back. Have I always liked Hakuryuu? I'm not sure... But it's like I've always been focused on being with him. "A-Are you sure?"

"Of course I am. You're an outstanding woman. I've been intrigued by you since I saw you that time in Sindria. I am not ashamed to say I'm in love with you, Ashlyn-dono." Hakuryuu spoke, referring to when Ashlyn spoke out during Kougyoku and Sinbad's 'misunderstanding' "What do you say?"

"Yes!" Hakuryuu's face instantly brightened. "I-I-I mean if that's cool with you I guess...I don't know...I mean..." Ashlyn's voice got progressively quieter as she continued to babble. She was sure her face was darker than any of the Ren's pink hair.

Hakuryuu smiled and moved closer to kiss her. Causing Ashlyn to blush even deeper than before. If that was even possible. "Shall I have Sister Hakuei prepare a ceremony?" He asked once he pulled away.

"I-In front of everyone?! Uhmm..." Ashlyn panicked.

"Well, yes. It will be a bit unofficial, but we can fix that once we go to Rakushou."

That freaked Ashlyn out even more. In front of all the Kou Empire princes and princesses!? Plus their households?! No way! "Can we wait until you have your empire back to make it really official?"

"Sure." Hakuryuu agreed.

"Ok..." Ashlyn smiled, then realized something. "I'm Ashlyn Ren now, then, aren't I?" She felt a bit rushed. This was so sudden, and Ashlyn didn't expect it. But she was okay with it.

Hakuryuu smiled, "You are."

~

Then, after almost a two month wait, a specially crafted ring finally came. It had a silver band, with a pure gold dragon wrapping around it. Inside of the dragon's mouth, it held a white diamond. Ashlyn loved it.

"It's not the greatest I could find, but we can fix that later." Hakuryuu spoke as Ashlyn put it on.

"Seriously? This is beautiful! It must have cost a fortune to buy this!" Ashlyn marveled at the ring and looked at the prince like he was insane.

"Really? It wasn't too much."

"For a prince, maybe. This ring is probably worth more than everything I've ever owned put together." Ashlyn held it up and looked at it.

"Do you like it?" Hakuryuu asked. Ashlyn gave him a funny look.

"Like it? I love it!" Ashlyn exclaimed. Hakuryuu smiled.

"Good. I'm glad."

Ashlyn smiled, "Yeah..." She went quiet for a few moments before speaking again, "I...love you, Hakuryuu." This really made Hakuryuu brighten. Ashlyn had been too scared to say it before. Although she had wanted to, he'd said it several times in the time they waited for the ring, she could never get it out. But now she could.

~

Author's Note-

hehehe~ cute chapter :3

Song- Cinderblock Garden by All Time Low

I'm not sure if it really fits, but I think it's cute and besides, I like the song so whatever :D

Link- Lyrics

Image- The ring c: