Chapter sixteen- A Journey

On the day of Aladdin and everyone's departure, Ashlyn was helping the young magi, Morgiana, and Hakuryuu pack the last of their things.

"Uhm, for your journey, may I come with you for half of it?" Morgiana asked Aladdin and Hakuryuu, who already planned on taking the same ship.

Ashlyn kept quiet and listened as Morgiana explained why she wanted to go. She already knew the reason. Morgiana wanted to go to the Dark Continent. Ashlyn also knew Alibaba was joining them, even if he didn't say so right away, and that they'd run into pirates on the way. She knew all this from continuing to push herself to remember. Although it caused a lot of headaches and nosebleeds.

 I want to go with them too... She thought. But what do I say? Maybe I'll go with Morgiana...I mean, there's no reason for me to go back to Reim, I can't go with Hakuryuu -even if I might want to- and Magnostadt is for wizards only. Ashlyn sighed. I really want to help Hakuryuu though...And I don't even know the whole reason. "Uhm...Would you mind if I joined you as well?"

"Ash-san, you're going somewhere too?"

"Well...Not really...but I'd like to join you anyway. If that's alright?"

"Yeah, sure!" Aladdin smiled, "You guys are alright with it too, right?"

"Yes, that's fine."

"I don't mind."

"Thank you!" Ashlyn smiled.

~

"So...He never showed up." Hakuryuu sighed.

"Alibaba..." Aladdin said sadly.

"It's alright, Aladdin. We'll clear the air with him later on." Morgiana assured.

"You're right. It's not like we'll be separated forever. I'm sure we'll meet again!"

"Yeah, next time we see Alibaba, he'll get to see how much we've grown!" Ashlyn added, already knowing what Morgiana was going to add. She had a hard time keeping her laughter in and maintaining a straight face as they all continued talking and entered their room, continuing to pretend they didn't know Alibaba was onboard.

 Hehe...and this is the part Alibaba realized he wasn't in the right room! Ashlyn chuckled softly.

"Don't you get the feeling something's missing here?" Aladdin asked as their talking died down.

"Something missing?" Hakuryuu echoed.

"Yes...I've been feeling the same way too, actually." Morgiana nodded.

"Yeah, me too..." Ashlyn added, holding back her smile.