Within the hour, we arrived at the castle and once again snuck in through his balcony, climbing up the vine-covered trellis against the wall.

I had gotten more comfortable with walking on two legs, but it was still an exhausting ordeal. The moment I walked into his room, I rushed over to the bed and flopped facedown on the down-feather mattress.

I heard Wakatoshi chuckle and the bed dipped down next to me. I felt his hands thread through my hair — which was slightly curled from drying with salt water in it — and I sighed in contentment.

"Tired already, Satori?" He teased, his hand gliding gently over the back of my head, working his fingers through the damp knots in my hair.

"Very much so," I replied, my voice muffled by the mouthful of fabric I spoke into.

"I would have carried you if you had simply asked," He joked and began to rub my back, just between my shoulder blades. My muscles relaxed under his touch and I nearly fell asleep just from that alone.

I hummed in the sheets, letting him know I heard him. He sighed, sliding his hands under me, and flipped me over.

"Nooooooo," I whined, but remained on my back, feeling too exhausted to flip back over.

"Sorry," He stroked my cheek and smiled, "I just wanted to see your face."

I blushed and turned my face away, a warm feeling tingling in my stomach.

"Hey, hey, look back at me," he pleaded gently, cupping my face. I huffed sarcastically and turned back towards him, only to be surprised by a peck on my nose. I blinked in surprise and my nose crinkled on reflex.

"What was that for?" I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

"Nothing," He ruffled my hair playfully, "I just wanted to."

At that I smiled and leaned up slightly, reaching my arms out to wrap them around his neck, and pulled him down on top of me.

He jerked forward at the unexpected motion but caught himself, trapping me between both his arms, himself, and the bed.

"Hey Wakatoshi~" I giggled at his flushed face, my arms still wrapped around his neck.

He regained his composure quickly and reached up to unwrap one of my arms. He brought the inside of my wrist to his mouth and kissed it softly, sending flutters up my arms. I wiggled slightly at the sensation and he smirked at the reaction.

"All fun and games until it's you on the defense, isn't it, Satori," He leaned down, with only inches between our faces, his warm breath tickling my lashes.

"Maybe it's more fun for me to submit to you, Toshi," I decided to beat him at his own game. And it worked, at least at first. He did blush a light pink but it only caught him off guard for a few moments.

He hummed, the noise rumbling deeply from his throat, "That's what I like to hear, Love."

I guess I was never meant to win this war or any of the battles, because Wakatoshi always knew how to beat me.

"Love, is it now?"

"If you'd prefer, I could call you mine?"

"Silly, Toshi, I already am yours~"

"You're right," He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my forehead, "I still can't believe it."

"Stooop," I covered my face with my hands and tried to wiggle out from under him.

"Uh uh uh," He teased, a smirk playing on his lips, "don't you run away now."

I ignored his cryptic warning and kept trying to slip out from under him. Bad decision on my part, because it led to him grabbing my wrists with his hand and pinning them above my head, leaving me completely powerless. His other hand ran up my chest, the soft fabric of the shirt acted as the only barrier between my skin and his. And though the short was comfortable, it felt like hell to know that he was so close to touching me, yet wasn't.