Killshot.

🦷
"Don't touch her!" Steve shouted at one of the Russian guards who roughly grabbed my arm, yanking me away from them.

They tied my hand behind my back with my face pressed against the steel floors, screaming "Steve! Robin!", at the top of my lungs until they dragged me away. Even when I tried to kick them or scratch them, it was no use. The last thing I heard was the two of them calling for me in the echoey hallway.

Several of the men tossed me into an empty room, knees first to the ground. I groaned in pain, both physically and emotionally as I pictured where Robin and Steve could be right now. Their horrified faces stare back at me in my head, making me cry even more now.

There was a minute of silence before they walked back in, picking me up by my arms and sitting down. A man I didn't recognize walked in. He wore a slightly different outfit from the rest of them.

"And how did you find us?" He said, creepily walking closer to me.

Every ounce of sadness I felt, immediately turned into a fit of rage but I knew if there was a single chance of us getting out of this, I needed to calm down and keep my mouth shut.

Once he realized I wasn't going to spill my guts so easily, the man behind him stepped forward and smacked me across my face. Fresh tears spills from my eyes at the stinging on my cheek.

"Tell us, how you found us." The man demanded. I stayed quiet, leaning my head against the wall and looking up at the ceiling.

That was my mistake because then I felt the worst possible pain in the right side of my rib.

"Damnit." I said through gritted teeth.

A cold hand grabbed my jaw, forcing me to look at him. "Who are you working for?"

The blood in my veins was boiling over but I refused to give into him. Another two smacks to the face, this time closer to my lip, busting the skin open.

"WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?" He yelled again.

The man and I glared at each other then he turned to the other guard, speaking in Russian to each other. I couldn't make any of it out but suddenly he ripped my work lanyard off of me and walked out, leaving me in here with the guard.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I screamed as he pulled me up by my hair until another guard helped him carry me. It sounded like my own screams were mocking me as they dragged me through the hallway.

Another door opened and the man tossed me down on the cement floors again, harder this time. I caught my breath, feeling my lungs expand wider than ever before. My wrist were untied for now but raw and bloody from the binds that held them together. When I lifted myself up I noticed the body next to me.

It was Steve.

His face was all bloody and deeply bruised as he laid passed out next to me on the floor. My eyes searched him for any other injuries until I realized, he wasn't breathing.

"Steve?" I panicked, checking his pulse. "Steve? STEVE!"

The laughter of the men behind me was barely audible. All I could hear was my own shaking breathing as I took his pale, lifeless face into my hands.

"What the hell did you do to him?" I screamed at them. They all ignored me as they were walking out, leaving me with Steve's body.

I had one last hope.

If you had asked me how I even managed to give Steve CPR, I don't think I would even know how to respond because it felt like my body had just entered fight or flight mode.