Lurking In The Dark.

🦷
It's been two days since Eleven went missing. Dads out there looking for her and he insists that I stay home incase she returns. The tv was turned off while I rotted away on the couch, not bothering to turn it on, surrounded by sucker wrappers and burnt out cigarettes.

I haven't heard from Jonathan since Tina's party. Nancy called a few times but I couldn't find enough energy within myself to answer.

Saturday afternoon I laid in bed curled up under three blankets, listening to Stevie Nicks when I heard the emergency walkie in my nightstand drawer go off.

"Jo! This is Dustin! Do you copy? Over."

I groaned, rolling over and pulling the device out, "This isn't the time, Dusty. Over."

"Sorry but I need you to meet us at by the tracks! And bring your gun!"

What? Bring my gun? What have those boys gotten up to?

"Dustin! Dustin!" I yelled into the walkie but he didn't answer.

Quickly, I got dressed in my dark jeans and a white long sleeve. After filling my bag with whatever weapons I might need, I was out the door and anxiously driving down to the tracks.

When I got out of the car, I spotted Dustin.

"Hey! Why did you tell me to bring my-"

Someone I didn't expect to see with him though was Steve Harrington of all people.

What is he even doing here with Dustin? Have they ever even met? I had a million questions.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, pointing at Steve.

Him and Dustin shared a look like they were hiding something from me.

"If you guys don't tell me what's going on, I'll leave." I threaten.

"Alright!" Steve surrenders. "Dustin and I might need your help killing this thing."

"Killing what?"

Autumn leafs crunched under my feet as I walked ahead of the two boys who were throwing meat on the ground behind me. Dustin started explaining to Steve and I, what we were getting ourselves into.

"Wait, so you kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who you just met?" Steve says to the younger boy.

"Alright, that's grossly oversimplifying things."

"Okay but why did you think a girl would like a nasty slug anyways?"

"An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome."

"Well, even if she did think it was cool, which she didn't, I just... I don't know. I feel like you're trying way too hard."

"I think it sounds cool." I finally spoke up, noticing a smile appear on Dustin's face. "Extremely stupid? Sure, but cool."

Great, Dustin's pet demo-demon is on the loose. This really was a really good week for me.

"See! Girls think it's cool." Dustin said to Steve. "Plus it's not like everyone can have your perfect hair."

"It's not about the hair, man." Steve shrugged. "The key with girls is just.... acting like you don't care."

I pretended not to listen, looking down at the leafs.

"Even if you do?"

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts."

Apparently both Dustin and I were thinking the same thing, "Then what?"