Chapter 2

Haru lets out a deep sigh as he leans against the door that he recently closed, seeing Jaekyung almost falling to the ground from pure exhaustion. They jumped on their bikes the second Haru's mother arrived home and sprinted out of there.

Haru is certain his mother is going to call him soon and ask where he is, but right now he's too busy catching his breath from riding so fast. It's not like it mattered if they sprinted or not, but they ended up doing it anyway. Emiko is that scary. 

"If you ever make me do something like that again, I'm selling you on the cheapest website out there," Jaekyung has sat down on the bed, completely out of breath. The sweat is glistering on his forehead beneath his messy brown locks and he needs to keep his hands on his knees in order to stay in an upright position.

Maybe a little dramatic, but it wouldn't be Jaekyung without it.

"Oh yeah? With what description?" Haru asks as he gently slides down the door and ends up on the floor. He too is sweaty, but he couldn't care less. He's simply too happy to care about something like that right now. 

"Jock-wannabe best friend with a reckless and flawed personality for sale," Jaekyung begins, "bad humor follows for an extra 10 dollars. No wait, that shit sadly comes with for free."

"A package deal? Damn, I'm a catch," Haru replies and the two of them let out a laugh. Jaekyung and Haru have known each other since they were kids and have been joined by the hip ever since. That's not so strange considering they both have Korean roots and Jaekyung didn't move to Japan before turning 8 years old. Since he didn't know the language yet, he latched onto Haru like a suckermouth catfish on the side of a fish tank. 

Luckily, their personalities were a great match, so Haru believes they would have become friends anyway.

Even though they look nothing alike and have very different tastes, they hit it off great. Haru is, as mentioned, the wannabe jock. He's got a fit body, silky black hair, and a defined face that gives him the pretty privilege Jaekyung argues he doesn't take enough advantage of. Still, Haru's personality gives more of a nerdy vibe, since he enjoys exploring new topics and has a very deep love for physics. You got to be a nerd to have that sort of interest.

But that's alright, Haru doesn't mind being called a nerd.

Jaekyung, on the contrary, hates it. This might be caused by the fact that he also looks like the typical stereotype of what a person with a love for books looks like. His brown hair, round glasses, and lanky body give the full package. Not to mention that his skin is very pale from sitting inside all summer playing video games, despite Haru's efforts to get him out and play sports instead.

Still, Haru continues to call him handsome, even though he gets annoyed and hits the younger one whenever he playfully flirts with him. Haru has made it a mission to get Jaekyung to become more confident in himself. Though... he's yet to have even spoken with a girl for more than 10 seconds. 

But they are still young, there's no rush with it. However, Haru won't lie and say that he hasn't had his fair share of admirers. With a face like his, it's no wonder.

He must have some strong genes from his family.

"So... what are we going to do?" Jaekyung asks as he has finally relaxed a bit. They just stay in their individual seats, since they can still see each other from this angle. Jaekyung's room isn't exactly big, so you either sit on the bed or the floor anyway.

"It stated that the address he transferred the money from is in Busan... do you remember if that city was on the list?"

"It was," Jaekyung says. He has a phenomenal memory, so Haru's not surprised he knew.