Chapter 3.5.5 - Jan, The Hero

Start from the beginning

***

Having actively engaged was annoying, each second Aed was in close proximity to dying, my life was not worth saving. I had always lost the things I cared for, wanted, and even promised! I never had the chance to live for myself, but that wasn't true. I always lived thinking i was going to attain everything back, but now I was going to lose the one miracle, the chance I had by the gods. I refused to believe I didn't have the right to let things be. 'Aed, don't you die on me! I'm coming.'

I had attained the skill in the moment I wanted to break the stupid barrier of space-time, [Spatial Relativity Slash] and now I understood why Aed had said he could use any skill. The [Sage] skill was possibly the reason but, he hadn't had it before? Or could it have hidden itself from the status prior. That had to be the reason! It helped me now to save him as it offered up my skill points to attain the skill I needed and even more! I had lost all my skill points to attain two skills I needed, the second skill I needed was one to prevent death for others, in moments even after death. All in that moment, Sage took my skill points and awarded me [Essence Stagnation], a skill that even if one died, they'd be alive for a period of time before dissolving into the world.

The attacks from the guards and their attempts to stop me was numerous but, I was barraging counters with [Magions] as I simply thought of a magical attribute attack that countered each and effectively prevented harm to me. It was like, I was painting my thoughts into reality with this skill. Aed was an amazing but completely an amateur! He didn't know how magic worked but I did. The skill he had was the building blocks of magic and if supplemented with magical skills, I could effortlessly make any magical abilities I knew of or seen.

Stepping on the air as I dashed down on the scene as a knight was about to take a shot towards Aed. I wasn't fast enough but, I had the skill to prevent Aed from dying, using it on him as he was now no longer alive, Sage would momentarily stop being active only to resume!

{ Sage: Analogical Intelligence Re•Awakened. }
{ Sage: Request; Accepted.
Analysis in-progress.
Process Completed.
Auto-inactivation per host protocol initiated.
Stability In-progress.

I had made it in time! The knight shocked by my feats would leap backwards in a defensive position, watching me as I came down on Aed. He wasn't moving or anything, but I knew my skill had worked! 'Sage! Help me heal him!'

No answer. It wasn't a living thing even if I mentally spoke it, rather it seemed to work in favor of the host's lively hood, and offered only status information or something similar. Now as I simply thought of a magical healing, the skills I had would become joined together as then using my newfound power, 『Ultimate Skill • Duo-Coalescence』I would makeshift create a skills; [Soul Rescue] and [Reservation Reanimate]. Seeing Aed somewhat alive, though it was akin to a [Zombie] state of consciousness. I'd further keep using all the mana I had to use any skill I knew as I mixed them to create the skills needed for the situation, [Holy Recover], [Re•Life], [Mana Life Link], [Essence Reoccupation], [Soul Link Restoration], [Life Conversion], as I kept at it, my mana was out. Only to hear. "You did it. You saved me. I was somewhere but you broke through and got me. I gotta admit, that was a wager on my life in the moment but, it worked out and now, give me back my stuff!"

The annoying little brat was back, I'd hold him tight as the knights and guards surrendered their voices in whispers that slowly became a unisons of "You're the hero!"

Ignoring them as I squeezed my little guy, I'd hear Nih's voice breaks through, "...move, move, Jan! Aed!"

Looking to him as he stood in shock of my new appearance and aura that gave the impression of someone akin to an S-class, he'd smile. "Now am jealous, you broke through the B-class and jumped to S-class, but it seems to be fading away....ANYWAYS! They with me, if you got issues, you'll have to talk to me and my father!" (Nih)