sixteen: all for us

"taking it all for us. doing it all for love."

Night falls. The air is getting cooler sending shivers down everyones spines. They are all waiting in anticipation for the grounders to arrive. Gunners were at their posts, aiming their guns into the dark woods.

Alice sits at the end of the drop-ship with a warm blanket wrapped around her head and body. She watches as the fire nearby crackles and sputters in a roaring blaze. Bellamy glances over at her as he helps move bags, ensuring their in the right place.

Alice notices Bellamy looking at her, giving him a warm smile. He stops what he's doing, walking over to her. He crouches down in front her so their eyes are at the same level. "You know. You kinda look like a marshmallow right now." He jokingly teases her.

Alices jaw drops as she stares at Bellamy, baffled by his words. She lightly chuckles as she shakes her head. "It's cold. Leave me alone."

Bellamy puts his hands up, surrendering. A smirk evident on his face. "Hey, I never said it was a bad thing."

"Never said it was a good thing either." Alice teases him causing him to chuckle softly.

"Yeah I guess you're right." Bellamy responds. Alice rolls her eyes at him, semi-amused.

Drums start beating in the distance causing everyone to stop in their tracks. They look towards the gate in anticipation and worry, mumbling to each other. Alices heart sinks. This is it. They are here.

Bellamy glances at Alice in fear as he gets up. Her emotions mirroring his. He holds out his hand for her to take. She gently takes her arm out of the blanket, grabbing it as he helps her up.

"Alice, get inside the drop-ship." Bellamy tells her. She looks at him, conflicted. She doesn't want to leave him. She wants to stay with him a fight. But she can't, he won't allow that. He doesn't want her to injure herself further or get herself killed.

Alice reluctantly lets go of Bellamys hand. She gives him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Don't break your promise Bell. Be safe." She tells him before walking away into the drop-ship.

Alice sits down on one of the plastic seats, taking the blanket off of her as she rests her head on her hands. She stays in the same position for a few minutes, not knowing what to do.

In the corner of her eye she spots her spear that is still leaning against the wall. She lifts her head up, picking up the spear. Alice can't just stay in here while the others were risking their lives.

Alice mentally tells Bellamy that she's sorry before she exits the drop-ship once again. Guns are firing from left and right, trying to shoot the incoming Grounders. Many of the shots are unsuccessful due to the Grounders running laterally.

Monroe runs towards Alices direction. Alice grabs onto her arm, stopping Monroe in her tracks. "They're coming, run." Monroe tells her in a panic. "Monroe, give me your gun." Alice commands her, which Monroe willing does.

Alice slips her spear into one of the belt loops of her pants, not wanting to get rid of it just yet. She holds the gun with two hands before rushing towards the direction Monroe came from. Her shoulder is in intense pain but she does her best to ignore it.

Alice noticed Bellamy and Miller getting attacked by grounders. She knows Bellamy can handle himself better so she focuses on the Grounder who has Miller on the ground, scared for his life.

Alice shakily aims her gun at the Grounder, pulling the trigger. It fires into the Grounders head, causing him to drop onto the ground beside Miller. Blood is pooling out of the Grounders head causing Alice to slightly gag in disgust.