eight: hallucinogenics

"what with my bloodshot eyes and my shaky hand."

Alice stands with Jasper and Monty, cracking open the Jobi nuts for the rest of the delinquents. She is quiet while the others are conversing with each other. Popping a Jobi nut in her mouth to see what it tastes like. She can't decipher the taste, it is unlike anything she's tried before.

The boys talk about the grounder and Bellamy, occasionally looking at Alice to see if she's paying attention. She's not. They look at each other with concern. Her parents still haven't contacted her and she is feeling worried about it. Her mind racing as she wondered if they were okay, alive.

Alices mind is also plagued with Jules, the memories still in her mind after Jaspers mention of her the other day. She feels guilty. Guilty for possibly moving on from her. She isn't ready to let go of Jules yet. The girl meant everything to Alice. She isn't even sure if she truly had feelings for Bellamy or if it was just a silly crush.

Jasper notices Clarke and Bellamy leaving the gates around the drop-ship. He quickly rushes up to them, thinking of an idea to help Alice. "Bellamy! Clarke." He yells, stopping the two in their tracks as they turn around at him.

"What's up Jasper?" Clarke asks, gazing at him. Jasper turns his head to Alice, "Mind if you take Alice with you? I think she needs something to clear her head. Cracking Jobi nuts isn't helping much." They all turn to look at Alice, who's sadness is evident on her face.

Bellamy nods his head at Jasper, "I'll talk to her." The two walk back together as Clarke stays behind.

Bellamy stands beside Alice, "Hey Tiger. Still have that knife on you?" Alice looks up at Bellamy confused, nodding her head slowly.

"Great. Looks like you're coming with us." Bellamy tells her as he wraps his arm around her shoulder. Jasper looks at Bellamy with an appreciative smile. While Monty continues eating Jobi nuts beside him, watching the exchange.

Bellamy tilts his head at him in acknowledgement before dragging Alice away by the arm before she has the chance to talk. They walk up to Clarke as she starts leading the way. Bellamy drops Alices arm, continuing to still walk beside her.

.  . • ☆  . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ .  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Alice slaps the tree branches out of her way while she trails behind Bellamy and Clarke. The two talk about Jaha and how the first drop-ship is going to be coming down soon. Alice looks up at the sky, hoping her parents are going to be on that drop-ship.

Alices lack of attention causes her to trip over onto one of the trees, snapping it half as she falls face first onto the ground. She groans as the sticks dig into her skin. Bellamy and Clarke look back at Alice, trying to hide their laughter as they help her back up.

Alice sighs as she dusts the dirt and sticks off of her clothes.  Bellamy reaches towards Alices hair, pulling out a stick that was poking out from it. She looks up at him, "Thanks."

They walk for a while longer until they come across a large clearing with old damaged buildings that look like they could collapse at any second. Water filling up the middle. Alice is intrigued, wondering what the place would've looked like before the wreck.

"The depot's supposed to be around here." Clarke tells them before continuing to try ease Bellamys mind of Jaha. It doesn't work, just furthering his annoyance.