VIII

I'll Be Good - Jaymes Young

Kai's P.O.V

After heading back to the shack, I had been trying to heal Cheryl using my magic. But right when I was taking the stake out of her stomach,the pain had been too much for her to handle.

I had given her vampire blood so I knew that even after passing out, her wound would still be healing. She had told me about the impractical long healing process so I knew she would be fine, or at least that she wouldn't die.

While laying her down on the bed, I noticed her clothes were stained with blood. Someone needed to solve that.

*

Cheryl's P.O.V

I woke up not knowing where I was or what day it was

I woke up not knowing where I was or what day it was. Also, I wasn't in my own bed right now.

I sat on the bed and looked around, I was alone in a cabin, it was daytime but apparently snowing outside. Then, everything came back to me.

I huffed as memories were flashing in my head and instantly checked my stomach for a nasty wound. I only found a little scar above my bellybutton. The vampire blood had done its job but it didn't mean it wouldn't leave any trace of what had happened.

I realised that something was off, something was missing, someone actually. Where did Kai go ?, I wondered.

Being realistic, there was a good 90% chance Kai had taken off without me. A little part of me hoped he didn't, but again : why wouldn't he leave the second prison world he had been trapped into ?

"Finally awake", I heard as the door swung open. He was back after all.

"Where were you ?", I asked casually.

"Had some business to take care of.", he answered quickly. "Man, you're what we can call a very heavy sleeper. You took so much time waking up I actually thought you were in a coma", he chuckled.

"Give me a break, I almost died on the spot last night ."

"Incorrect, last night you were still asleep. You almost died on the spot the day before."