II

I'm Gonna Do My Thing - Royal Deluxe

Cheryl's P.O.V

After the spell had been cast, I was dropped in the middle of a snowy forest. I grabbed a rock and started marking the trees around me so I could find my way back with no trouble. It was really chilly and I did not regret wearing a warm coat. I could see that the sun had set down a long time ago, perfect timing. Damon had told me about a small house that I could stay at if I had to spend the night. I knew exactly where it was and had a map in my bag if needed. Although, I had something else to focus on.

I threw my bag on my shoulder and began to walk in the direction of the early 20th century Salvatore house. It was not very far but, as it was effectively snowing, I was already covered in snowflakes by the time I got there. I didn't knock on the door and decided to walk in directly.

"Residents of this house, I'm here to make a deal.", I raised my voice even though I knew they had super vamp hearing.

I didn't wait for an answer because I'm familiar with how vampires proceed : they hide and vamp speed behind their preys to scare them right before feeding on those unaware people. Let's say they like to have the element of surprise. Too bad I'm not falling for that.

I went upstairs because there was no one to be seen. I looked around the dark room and it wasn't long until I noticed a figure.

"Phesmatos incendia" I lit every candles of the room with my magic. "Here you are", I crossed my arms and smirked at the half-dead witch who struggled just to open his eyes.

He barely had the strength to look at me really. Now that there was light I could make out that his clothes were covered in blood and his dark hair was all over the place. Damn, he looked like a mess. I knelt down in front of him and search for one of the blood bags Damon had given me. I brought the vampire blood to his lips, he started swallowing the red liquid and I waited until he drank it all. He was still weak but suddenly, violently, recoiled against the wall, stumbling away from me with fear written all over his face. It only meant one thing :

My hosts were here.

I got up and slowly turned around with a sparkle in my eye, knowing exactly what I had to do

I got up and slowly turned around with a sparkle in my eye, knowing exactly what I had to do. Six vampires were now standing a few feet ahead of me.

I spoke first. "Greetings ladies and gentlemen". I couldn't contain my smirk, I was enjoying this. I liked a good challenge and this was dangerous one. At least, for them because I would not take no for an answer. "I have a deal to offer", I decided to continue as none of them spoke. "My deal to you is very simple. I heard that you were running low on human blood supplies. Well, I'm willing to give you the numerous blood bags I gathered, in exchange I'm taking Kai back" I pointed my finger at him, knowing he was watching my every move, not breaking eye contact with the vampires. "We both leave and everybody remains unharmed." I paused, "What do you say ?", I asked confidently, my eyebrows raised.

A man who had a devious smile and a dark look on his face started walking in my direction. "And how about we eat you instead ?"

I smiled and with a twist of my wrist snapped his neck causing him to heavily collapse on the floor. "Wrong answer. You see, I generously offered you a deal when I could simply kill each and everyone one of you. I reckon showing gratitude is the least you could do. Another dumb move and you will not only end up on the floor, your hearts will too." It appeared my threat had been taken seriously as none of them dared to move.

"Please forgive his rudeness.", a lady apologized. "I speak for all when I say that we do accept your offer and that we, in no way, intend to break our deal." She seemed truthful, not like the fool lying unconscious on the floor.

" She seemed truthful, not like the fool lying unconscious on the floor

"Great, finally something we agree on." I stepped forward and respectfully offered her my hand to settle conventionally and properly the deal. She shook it and when we were done I reached for my bag to fulfill my part of the deal. After handing them all the blood bags I had, I helped Kai getting up. I let him put his arm around my neck for him to back up on me as he was still too weak to walk on his own.

We left silently and right as we were walking out of the house Kai stopped in his tracks, which made me stop walking too.

"Okay so, do I know you ?", he sighed and turned around to face me, studying me with his dark blue eyes.

"Well..." I stared at him and smirked at the worried look set on his face. "I'm your savior."

-

A/N

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked it. I'm really enjoying writing this fanfic !

PS: Am I the only one who thought about Rumpelstiltskin in Cheryl's first line ?