3

Zenai pov

...

"Heyy" I said to Alaiya once i got in the car. "hey girl" she smiled back at me taking the car out of park. We drove for at least twenty minutes talking before Alaiya turned the radio up, the song she was playing before ending.

I pulled out my phone going to Instagram to record hearing what song it was. When I pressed the record button my favorite lyric came on, "You know I love me a mothafuckin trick" I rapped along with the song.

"Got a white boy on my roster he be feeding me pasta and lobsta" Alaiya said after me. We ended up yelling the lyrics because of how hype it got us. Letting out a breath when the song was over I took my finger off of the record button. "I need to work out or 'sum, this shit got me out breath."

"Naw fr" I said laughing at her. After I posted the video on my story we pulled up to the mall."ouu" I said getting out of the car seeing the unfamiliar mall. "This the new mall I was telling you about the other day" Alaiya told me and I hummed remembering while we walked into the mall.

I started walking towards footlocker telling Alaiya I'll come with her in a minute while she walked towards Victoria's secret. I walked into the footlocker seeing some pink dunks I liked.

When I picked up the dunks I heard a voice behind me. "Can I help you with anything?" an employee asked me. I turned and paused when I saw his face, "Jay?" I questioned looking at his familiar face. He looked at me confused and pointed to the nametag on his shirt. "yea my name Jayden" He said with the same look on his face.

"youn remember me folks?" I asked letting the little bit of my Chicago accent come out on purpose. His face changed into realization, "Zai?" he asked me with a small smile on his face showing his braces. He brung his hand up and I dapped him up bringing him in a hug.

Jayden and I used to be best friends when we were kids back in Chicago. He had moved to Chicago from different country and didn't have any friends even when he had settled into his new home. We were so close we did and shared everything together. That was until me and my family had to come to California for whatever reason my parents made up.

"yo since when were you out here in cali?"I asked after we hugged. "I moved here about a year ago, where you been at?"

While he was talking I took the time to actually study his face considering he looked way different from the last time I saw him.

He was light skinned with brown curly hair and he had a nose piercing. I also noticed the mustache and light beard he had coming in.

'I can really make that shit grow some more' I thought

I laughed slightly at my thought and replied to him, "nigga I been down here." laughing at the face he made I turned around and put shoes back. "yea cause you left me in Chicago "he smacked his lips.

"I had to "I dragged rolling my eyes playfully. He laughed rolling his eyes to mock me."yo eyebrows done got thick" I said running my thumb over his eyebrow making him move his head back with a look of disgust on his face.

"don't get slapped Jayden" I said mugging him. He laughed again and I noticed how much I liked his smile. The more I looked at him the more I wanted to help him with that beard he had goin on.

"im just playing witchu what's yo number so i can call you later lil folks "He said licking his and taking his phone out his pocket. I grabbed it putting my number in it. "ight ima call you" he said before he walked off towards the front counter.

...

ik the chapters still short but I'm making ts up as I go 😂

this what Jayden look like