Chapter 5

Rosalie saw her hands as the veins crawled up to her wrist. She looked down to Freya who was on the floor, knocked out.

"You have made a big mistake child." Dahlia said as if she was concerned.

"Leave me ALONE!" Rosalie shouted. The church shook, windows rattling. cups fell onto the floor, shattering.

"Calm yourself" Dahlia hushed Rosalie.

"Vitae!" Rosalie extended her hand sending Dahlia to fly into the wall, crashing down on the brick floor.

Dahlia vanished, she teleported out of the church and fled.

Rosalie rushed over to Freya and Elijah, shaking them to wake them up.

"Wake up.. Wake up!" Rosalie shouted as Elijah's eyes shot open and his body sat up.

He held his head which dripped blood. "Rosalie.." He looked up at her.

"It's okay, Dahlia left. You're safe now." Rosalie smiled.

"Are you hurt?" He asked.

"No, I'm fine."

"Your hands..."

Rosalie looked down to see the black veins creeping up a bit past her wrist. "I'm fine. We need to wake Freya."

Elijah and Rosalie eventually woke Freya up but she was too exhausted to walk home, so Elijah carried her.

After resting Freya on the couch, Elijah spoke to Rosalie.

"Rosalie, I couldn't control it."

Rosalie sighed. "I understand" She looked to her feet.

"I would never hurt you on purpose my love."

Rosalie looked up at Elijah. His eyes watered.

"Forgive me." Elijah turned to walk away.

Rosalie grabbed his hand which spun him around. They looked into each others eyes, inches from the others face.

"I know you wouldn't Elijah." Rosalie smile slightly.

Elijah returned her smile and held her other hand which had the cut on it. He looked at it worried.

"Let me heal you." Elijah said

Rosalie nodded as Elijah bit his wrist holding it up for Rosalie to take.

She wrapped her hands around his arm and drank the blood.

She wiped her mouth and looked at her hand that was completely healed.

"Thank you." She nodded to Elijah who smiled and turned to go up the stairs.

"Wow you two really have something going on." Freya chuckled as she put her around behind her head for support.

"We do not!" Rosalie said embarassed.

"Please, I know love when I see it."

Rosalie sat beside Freya on the couch.

"You think he loves me?" Rosalie whispered.

"I don't think so, I know so." Freya smiled. "He is extremely protective of you."

Rosalie smiled, it was nice to have someone care for her.

Suddenly a swoosh sound occured.

"Nik?" Freya stood up. "Where the hell were you?"