11

A sigh left Hridyanshu's mouth as he walked towards the kitchen

A sigh left Hridyanshu's mouth as he walked towards the kitchen. He loosened the tie and left the bag on the sofa. He was tired and hungry, the meeting went on for hours and he had locked himself in the office to go through the documents. He was working on a critical case. He cannot leave the office until midnight.

He walked into the kitchen in confusion when he saw the light on. Nalani froze when she saw the shadow on the floor. She pulled her gaze up and looked at the entrance. Her body relaxed when Hridyanshu walked towards her. She was sitting on the middle kitchen island with a fruit bowl in her hand. A cup of tea was sitting beside her.

"Nalani."

"Hridyanshu." A smile started playing on Nalani's face. "When did you come?" Nalani looked at the time and back at Hridyanshu. "20 minutes ago." Hridyanshu stood beside her and leaned his body as he relaxed. "Tense?" Nalani hummed eating her mango. "A bit nervous but I know they are going to shine on stage." Hridyanshu nodded his head and picked up the teacup. Nalani glanced at the teacup and raised her brow.

"Let me have this, I will make you another one after some time." Nalani smiled, "sure." Hridyanshu stood straight and sat on the island beside Nalani. He sipped the hot simmering tea while Nalani finished her fruit bowl. The sweet corn was boiling and, thankfully, she added extra corn. "You can have the extra corn." Hridyanshu's gaze went to the boiling corn. He made a hum as he watched Nalani's swinging legs.

A sigh left Nalani as she thought of the day. "How was your day?" Hridyanshu asked. Nalani placed the bowl beside her and leaned her weight on her elbows. "It was hectic. We had to run all over the place to look into everything and make sure everything was in place."  Hridyanshu finished the tea. "How was yours?"

"Busy day, we had some issues with our client and had to revisit the places for documents." Nalani got off the island to look at the corn. "Is that the reason why you were late?"

"Yes, I was going to call you if you needed a ride but Vedant mentioned that your friend was going to drop you." Nalani looked at him in surprise. "I was going to call you but I had to stay back and, thankfully, Madhav was present. He dropped me at home." Hridyanshu hummed, going to the wash basin to wash the cup. "Do you like to eat pasta with corn? However, the pasta is a leftover which I ate two hours ago."

"It's fine, I would be thankful to eat something." Nalani smiled and handed the pasta bowl to him. She warmed the food but she was in no mood to finish the pasta. "Thank you." Hridyanshu took the box. "So are your parents coming tomorrow?"

Nalani blew a raspberry, turning off the gas. "Achan and Amma are busy, they won't be able to attend." Hridyanshu stopped eating and looked at her. His parents are out of the station, Vedant is going to California tomorrow and Vidha is in New York for a business meeting.

"Who is coming with you tomorrow?" Nalani gave a sad pout without knowing. "I will be all alone tomorrow. No one's going to be there and I have to go alone." Nalani didn't want to get upset by asking Hridyanshu when she knew he had an important meeting tomorrow. Hridyanshu didn't say anything as he bit down his lower lip.