𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒔

Start from the beginning

"Nope. That was Ellie over there. Little sunshine asked me to do it, but I forgot."

"You were supposed to do it." Ella rolled her eyes and took a sip of her tea.

"Did you now, or did you just think it?" Lila sang under her breath, joking as she usually did with Ella, only for Five to glare at her with daggers, suspicious once again of the girl.

"A total addict, Lila." "You sure you weren't the one to imagine things because it seems that you're the most insane person in the building. Next to Diego, of course."

ELLA WOKE UP THE SMELL OF BACON IN THE APARTMENT AND RUBBED HER EYES. She had stayed awake for the most part of Lila and Five's bickering, waiting for a chance to speak with Five about what he had said, but none of them relented. It was battle after battle. Ella found herself asleep. She stood up from the couch, yawning as she walked into the kitchen to find herself face to face with the apartment owner.

Elliott stood at the stove, jumping at the sight of Ella, "Good morning." He stuttered out.

"Good morning, Elliott." She stood in front of him. "Pardon our intrusion. I promise to keep as much out of your way as possible. I also borrowed some clothes from the drawers if you don't mind." She tried to stay as polite as possible. It was his home after all.

"No, no, it's fine. They're my son's. He lives with his mom, but comes by every now and then." He nodded. "There are just so many of you. Question, do you have powers too?"

"Uh, no. I don't think so. Five's the one with the powers, but then again, he does know me, so maybe." She said, "Do you know where Five is? I need to speak with him."

"Ah," he led the way into the living room to all his machines and showed her a graph, "we detected an anomaly and he went off looking for it. Who knows? Maybe it's a UFO."

"Oh, I had hoped he would be here." She sighed disappointingly. "Did he say anything before he left?"

"Not that I can think of."

"And Lila and Diego?"

He pointed to the couch where Lila laid and to the other room where she could only assume Diego was. She thanked him and went over to wake up Lila.

"Hmmm? Five more minutes." She whined.

"Didn't think you liked the number five so much anymore." Ella teased, sitting on the floor next to the couch. "Especially when you called him a dimwit without a–"

"Shut up." She yawned. "Oh, look at the paper on the table. It's important. I haven't looked at it yet, but the little shit said it was important and accidently left it."

Ella grabbed the paper, leaving Lila to wake up on her own and looked over it. It was a gala invitation. She'd never been to a gala, it sounded like a big party, but Ella decided that she wanted to go anyway. She didn't go with Diego and Five the night before on their little mission. Lila had even gone and that was how Diego ended up with his life intact. If she could be of any use and not a burden, she would. But, to go to a gala would mean to dress nice – a dress would be needed. She looked down at her outfit – a gray sweatshirt with a colorful hemline and collar and black slacks.

This won't do.

"Elliott?" She asked out loud and Elliott came from the kitchen with two plates in his hand. He handed her one of them. "Oh, thank you. Question, do you know where I can get a semi-formal dress from? I want to go somewhere later with the group and they can't deny me if I am prepared."