Chapter thirty-five

Start from the beginning

"I won't."

"Okay, then open your eyes." he says.

I flutter open my eyes, adjusting to the sudden light. I blink a few times and narrow my eyes at the building in front of me. I gasp.

"A tattoo shop?" I ask curiously. It's a bit run down, but the sign hanging over the building says Wilson Ink; tattoos and piercings.

"Surprise!" Harry chirps.

"What are we doing here?" I ask.

"Well, you know how you said a few weeks ago that you've always wanted a tattoo?" Harry says.

"Yes, but I never had enough money." I say, wondering where he's going with this.

"And your birthday is in a week, so. . ." he says, smirking.

"So. . . what!?" I ask, my eyes brightening.

"We're getting matching tattoos, Boo." he smiles.

"Really!?" I exclaim. I've always wanted a cute, coupley tattoo.

"Mhm. I already had a sketch artist make one for us." Harry says, smiling softly.

"Aw, Harry! You're the best boyfriend ever!" I squeal, leaning in and slamming my lips against his, not caring about the fact that my seat belt is still on. I sloppily move my lips with his while tugging on his hair, excitement and happiness filling my body. I can't believe this!

"L-Lou," Harry moans, gently pulling away from me, "As much as I'd like to continue this, our appointment is right now. I don't want to be late." he says. I nod in agreement. We both get out of the car and I grab his hand again, refusing to let go. I give him another gentle kiss on the cheek to show my appreciation.

"Thank you, this is the best birthday present ever. I love you." I say grinning.

"Love you more." he promises as we walk into the shop, relieved at the warmth of the air compared to the outside cold, bone-chilling weather.

Tattooed covered men sit around with their sleeves rolled up, showing off their artwork. Each of their bodies tells a story. Soft music plays in the background. We wait in the lobby until a girl with black short hair and piercings comes up to us. Her eyes are lined with dark eyeliner and her lips coated in a thick layer of red lipstick. Her arms and neck are covered in tattoos, most of them quotes and a few of them dragons.

"What can I get y'all today?" she asks.

"Um, well my boyfriend and I are getting tattoos today. We have an appointment with, er, Max, I think." Harry says.

"Ah, yes. I'll go get him. Go ahead and take a seat." she says politely, gesturing towards the chairs in the entrance. For a tattoo shop, everyone's quite kind.

In a few seconds, a strong man with tattoos and piercings walks out, smiling brightly at us. He's wearing a leather vest over a plain white t-shirt. He looks strong, but at the same time, he reminds me of a teddy bear.

"Ah, yes. I remember talking to you on the phone a few days ago. Harry, right?" he asks, shaking his hand gently.

"Yes, and this is my boyfriend, Louis." Harry says, nudging me softly. I shake the man's rough hand.

"Nice to meet ya', Lou." he says, taking a seat across from us. A small table separates us.

"Likewise."

Max pulls out a large sketch pad and flips through a few pages until he comes across a custom design labeled with Harry's name. He shows it to us and asks for our opinion.

The design is beautiful; absolutely perfect. I wouldn't change a single thing about it. Two red hearts are interlocked {see side picture} and written inside of them are the words "Once upon a time. . . in detention".

"I love it!" I say cheerfully.

"Me too. Thank you, Max. It's exactly what I wanted." Harry says, nodding his head in agreement.

"Okay, so where do you two love birds want them?" Max asks us.

"I want mine on my ankle, what about you, Lou?" Harry asks, turning to me.

"Hm. . ." I think for a while. "I'll do the same." I admit. Max nods and tells us that he'll go get some papers for us to sign. After he's gone, I turn to Harry.

"I can't thank you enough for this." I beam.

"Anything for my LouBear." he says.

"How much is it gonna cost?" I ask worried.

"Don't worry about it. It's your early birthday present, remember?" he insists.

"But-"

He puts his index finger over my lips, "No 'but's. You're my boyfriend and I love you. This is your birthday present, no questions asked." he says.

I nudge him away, "Fine, but I'm still expecting a Christmas present, too." I joke.

His eyes widen and his lips part open, no words escaping. I laugh and slap his shoulder playfully.

"I'm only joking, Haz." I chuckle, allowing him to relax. He slumps his shoulders and lets out a sigh of relief.

"Jerk." he grunts.

"Prick."

"Arsehole."

"Meanie."

"Love you."

"Love you too."