Offending the Master would derive consequences much more uncomfortable than a starving stomach.

"Alright now. Stop scaring him. Have you ate yet? If not, then join us. This is actually my first-time cooking since I returned from the countryside. Have a taste." Towards' Pei Yuanxian's sudden arrival, after being momentarily stunned, Shen Liang soon recovered.

"Since it's made by your hands, then this lord definitely has to give it a taste," After, Pei Yuanxian headed over unceremoniously to sit down. When he passed by Fu Ying who had the child in his arms, his pace subconsciously slowed. He turned around and looked at the little Shen You who had been raised to be white, tender, and chubby with shock. Afterwards, he pointed at him and asked, "This is Lao Er's little ancestor?" *Lao Er = Old Second. It is Huo Yelin.*

"What? Doesn't look like him?" Shen Liang leaned over and planted a kiss on Little Shen You's cheek. He was rewarded with Shen You's enthusiastic hands and a pull that said he wanted to be in Shen Liang's arms.

"Not at all. It's like another child has been swapped in," Pei Yuanxian spoke honestly.

Fu Ying couldn't help but laugh: "It's not strange for my lord to think so. Children who are only a few months old change every single day. Recently, the little master has started to take in some light solid foods and is growing very well. Isn't it only natural to seem like he's a whole another person?"

In the end, everything owed to how well they took care of and raised Shen You. If they continued to let Pei Yuanxian take care of him, then there was no say that little Shen You would be raised into a malnourished, skinny monkey by them.

"Do you want to hug him?" Shen You took the child and held him to Pei Yuanxian. Pei Yuanxian, who was overjoyed, reached out to take the child but...

"Wah! Wah..."

"...."

"Haha..." the little one wouldn't care whether it was the duke or the emperor. The moment he landed in Pei Yuanxian's arm, he started crying and voicing his dissatisfaction. What was even more hilarious was that it would've been fine if he just cried, but his bottom half cooperated very well and leaked just in time as well. Pei Yuanxian's face immediately darkened as Fu Ying and the others struggled to keep themselves from smiling. They wanted to laugh but didn't dare. Only Shen Liang leaned against his shoulder and laughed unscrupulously.

From the series of events that conspired, Pei Yuanxian then changed his attire before returning to his seat. In what should be a stick of an incense's worth of time, they all returned to the table and were able to settle down. With Pei Yuanxian there, they couldn't feel at ease. Fu Ying found an excuse and said he needed to feed Shen You. Lei Zhen and Yaoguang invited Tianshu and the others to the dining area specifically reserved for the Nether Guards. In the end, the five dishes and soup was left for only Shen Liang and Pei Yuanxian to enjoy.

"With you here, our dynamic entirely changed," Shen Liang shook his head as he took up the bowls and chopsticks. He was truly starving. In the afternoon, due to Yaoguang's inexperience, they were only able to fill themselves with a bowl of soup noodles. Normally, the preparation for dinner started way earlier, but because Shen Liang was unaccustomed to making meals for more than 20 people by himself, cooking actually started way later than usual due to lack of preparation. In the end, Pei Yuanxian showed up and up to now, Shen Liang still hadn't eaten.

"Who let my Wangfei not come by and see me? Since you find it troublesome, then this lord is left with no choice but to personally come," Pei Yuanxian gave him a glance filled with infinite resentment as he complained aloud. It would've been fine if he was only reluctant to come and see him, but Shen Liang just had to send Yaoguang back to his manor with messages repeatedly, reminding him that he was not allowed to step a foot out of his manor until his wounds were healed. Otherwise, he can only just dream about his Wangfei in this life. In the end, Pei Yuanxian felt like a boudoir woman locked up in his own palace for more than 20 days. Only when he was assured that his wounds had fully healed did he dare to run over to Shen Liang's courtyard.