Chapter 8 - The Flight Fight

A/n: I didn't cry writing this chapter I swear...anywhizzle sorry for the wait (T▽T

And thanks to @PokesoulK2 for helping out and writing the Werehog transformation scene!

~~

Everyone was thrown in every direction. Shadow, Amy, Vector, Knuckles and Tails were thrown across the room while Rouge and Sonic were thrown down into the lower equipment room.

Shadow glanced over to Tails. "Grab your stuff!"

The Fox nodded in understanding. "Yep!"

As Shadow helped Tails out of the lab, Vector sat up, clutching his ribs in pain before calling into his earpiece. "Blaze?!"

***

Up on the carriers' deck chaos was ensuing. Emergency alarms rang loudly, fire extinguishers activated near surrounding fires and every agent was in a spinning scramble as Agent Blaze attempted to keep everything and everyone under control.

"Turn up that engine! Number 3 engine is down! Can we get a run in?" She commanded and asked before running over to the agent that was playing Mean Bean earlier. "Talk to me."

The player turned to their monitor, showing her the damage data. "Turbines loose. Mostly intact, but it's impossible to get out there and make repairs while we're in the air."

"We lose one more engine, we won't be. Somebody's got to get inside and patch that engine," Blaze stated.

***

Vector turned to his earpiece. "Prower! You copy that?!"

"I'm on it!" Voiced the fox.

"Silver! Initiate official lock down in the detention section then get to the armory! Rose, meet up with Blaze up on the control deck and help her out! Move out!" Commanded the croc as the hedgehogs did exactly that.

***

Back in the lower equipment room, Rouge looked over to Sonic, who was breathing heavy, having landed hard. He gripped the grated floor to maintain control, but his face grew intense.

Rouge quietly muttered to herself. "I'm okay. We're okay, right?"

***

On the outside deck, Espio lead his men into the air ducts of the ship, moving down into a corridor. "Get that engine down! Get him through the dark! Come with me, he commanded as two of his men followed him, heading towards the bridge.

***

Inside, Tails and Shadow ran through the debris filled halls.

"Find engine three. I'll meet you there," Shadow said as the two diverged ways.

***

As broken pipes hissed and debris fell, Sonic struggled to suppress his rage while Rouge painfully worked on pulling herself free, while also trying to talk to the struggling hedgehog beside her.

"Blue...Sonic, you gotta fight it. This is just what Starline wants. We're gonna be okay. Listen to me," She spoke. Two approaching G.U.N. soldiers arrived to check on her, but she waved the two away as they bolted out of there. "We're gonna be okay. Right? I swear on my life I will get you out of this, you will walk away, and never-"

"Your life?!" Sonic growled, his voice morphing to sound more threatening. Another explosion caused the lights to flicker out, Rouge catching a glimpse of dark blue fur beforehand.

"Sonic-"

For a long time, the beast has lain dormant within Sonic. But now, at the worst possible moment, it was starting to awaken. Sonic tried to hold it back, his body shaking from the effort, but resisting only made it worse. He could hear the monster growl in his mind. It had been caged for long enough and there will be no more compromises.