Chapter 2 - The Team

In the darkened city of Westopolis, a warehouse sat next to some unfinished railroad tracks under construction. The building was only occupied by Zavok the Zeti, and two others, Zazz and Zeena, with a prisoner amongst them, tied to a chair.

Zazz a was in the middle of hitting the spy, a white bat, as Zavok talked. "This is not how I wanted the evening to go."

The bat looked up at him with disgust. "I know how you wanted this evening to go. Believe me, this is better," she responded with sass.

"I'd like to know why they sent you to carry out scrap metal, jewels, and other random items." Zazz walked over, pushing the back and tilting it over the edge of a few stories drop. The bat, however, didn't flinch.

"No one sent me. I work for me, myself, and I."

"Your reputation is quite a progression. The famous Rouge the Bat. Nothing but a pretty face," Zavok sneered.

"You really think I'm pretty?" Rouge asked, messing with the Zeti. Zavok walked over to a table filled with tools of torture and interrogation, picking up a pair of pliers.

"We do not need the robot to transfer the tanks. Tell everyone, well...You may have to write it down." Before he could do anything to the spy, a phone rang, and Zeena picked it up in confusion.

"Ya?" After a moment, she scoffed and turned to Zavok. "It's for you." She held the phone out to him, and he took it, annoyed and angry. "Who the hell is-"

"You're at 114 Emerald Plaza, 3rd floor. We have an F22 exactly 8 miles out. Put the woman on the phone or I will blow up the block before you can make the lobby," said Agent Silvers voice through the phone.

Zavok glared and placed the phone against Rouge's ear, seeing how she's tied to a chair with her hands and wings tied behind her back.

"We need you to come in," Silver requested.

"Are you kidding? I'm working!" Rouge responded, slightly irritated.

"This takes precedence," he insisted.

"I'm in the middle of an interrogation and this moron is giving me everything," Rouge stated, sending a small glare at the Zeti and making him gain a look of confusion. "I don't give everything."

She frowned. "Look, you can't pull me out of this right now." Silvers tone became even more serious.

"Rouge...Espio's been compromised."

This made Rouge pause for a beat. "Let me put you on hold." She nodded to Zavok, who went to take the phone. When he did, she hit him with her leg and headbutt him.

She stood, still tied to the chair, and kickboxed Zazz in the face. She rolled over to Zeena, tripping her, before stomping on her foot when she tried to pin her, then she knocked her out with a headbutt.

Silver waited calmly, listening to her take three Zeti down with her arms and wings literally tied behind her back. Back in the warehouse, Rouge flipped, breaking the chair on Zeena's ribcage, and looked to Zazz, standing up.

She kicked him too, knocking him out cold. She then wrapped Zavok's legs with a chain and pushed him down the hole he was threatening to drop her down earlier. He hung there, in pain, as she grabbed her boots and the phone, holding it up to her ear.

"Where's Espio now?" She questioned.

"We don't know." This made the bat sigh, but there was something she needed to know.

"But he's alive?"

"We think so." Relief washed over her at that response as Silver continued. "I'll brief you on everything when you get back. But first, we need you to talk to the smart guy."