Modelling

April 1st

Marinette walked along the Seine, hands in her pockets and face lifting towards the sun. Spring had well and truly arrived in Paris. The blossoms on the trees lining the streets in a precious pink, making her wonder how she was going to cope living somewhere else. Did London have the wonderful colours of Paris in bloom?

After a couple of days of gathering her belongings together, Marinette was taking a short break from packing her boxes and enjoying what time she had left in Paris. It felt so strange to finally be uprooting her life from the bakery and heading to a different city in a whole other country; something she wouldn't have considered only a couple of years back.

The sun reflected against the studs situated in her ears. The jewellery was placed firmly back in their home and her tiny best friend was back by her side. It seemed even in her apprehension Tikki was excited about the move, enthusiastic about being in London and working for the Agreste's. With the happy go lucky attitude of her small kwami, Marinette couldn't help but feel it rubbing off on her. Maybe this would be okay?

The days of Hawkmoth's reign were over and she was free to live . It was almost as crazy as it was true. She'd been holding back for years. Taking the easy way and the safe way, but it was time to move on, and this job was the most incredible change of circumstances.

Her superhero partner agreed with her kwami as he moved on with his life too. Though, both had no reason to fight anymore, that didn't stop them from being the best of friends, even if they didn't see each other as often as they wanted.

Continuing the steady walk down passed many houseboats, it didn't take Marinette long to spot the one that she wanted. The one housing the Couffaine's and, for the rest of the afternoon, all her friends too. Luka and Alya both pulled their resources together to give her a good send off from Paris and into the big, bad world.

It was time to step aboard and enjoy these last few moments with her friends.

As she crossed the plank, she could hear everyone already there; laughing, drinking... being one. Regardless of time and distance, the gang remained close, something she was definitely going to miss.

"Here she is! The woman of the hour!"

Applause broke out and Marinette dropped them all a curtsey as she reached the main deck of the boat.

"Thank you! Thank you!" she laughed, excited chatter lifting around her as she moved from friend to friend. Each offering her their congratulations and luck, a few tears spilling from her escape from Paris.

The mood was one of joy and happiness, until someone else came to join the fun.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Marinette hissed to Luka as Adrien Agreste sauntered onto the boat like he owned the place. He lived in England now... not Paris! Why the hell was he here?

"You need to hide me," Marinette begged Luka, as she grabbed his arm and pulled him over towards the back of the boat.

"Marinette, you're being a little unreasonable about —"

"Listen, Couffaine, you're either with me or against me!" She poked him in the chest to add to the threat, which only added to the musician's amusement.

"Seriously, Marinette, it's just Adrien." His chilled words made her want to scream. Out of everyone on this boat, Luka knew the issues she had with Adrien 'better' than everyone else, and yet here he was defending him.

What the hell was wrong with her friends recently?

After Kagami's deceit, now having Luka not backing her up was a heavy kick in the gut. Luka knew her dislike for Adrien more than anyone, so why did he want Marinette to be civil? He knew all about the practical jokes Adrien had played on her —- the sheer embarrassment of the statue trick being held strongly at number one..