CH 16 | Great Partners.

Beginne am Anfang

I stopped talking, took a deep breath -even if it was just imaginary, it still helps-, and tried to remember everything I saw.

'I... I can't burden her even more.'

Rimuru: "It was...  Nothing, just a silly nightmare, there's nothing to worry about, hahaha, ha..."

Luminous: "Then why did you scream my name out?"

Rimuru: "I... You... I saw you... D-Dea-daringly hugging me. hahaha..."

Yet despite my attempts, from how she opened her mouth to say something, but she closed it before a breath of air came out, it looked like Luminous didn't believe me, yet chose to stay silent. But the awkward silence was suffocating, so I chose to break it.

Rimuru: "S-So... Why are you hugging me? Didn't you sleep in your bed?"

Luminous: "You were quivering as if an earthquake has hit you. That got me worried, and with your fever-like symptoms and how cold I felt, I took you into my arms. Unsurprisingly, the cold feeling disappeared."

Rimuru: "Wait, didn't you have 【Thermal Fluctuation Resistance】?"

Luminous: "Yes. But in the ten minutes I was trying to sleep, I was getting colder to the point I felt like I was going to freeze to death."

Rimuru: "That's odd. Great Sage, do know why she's feeling cold?"

《I have analyzed her body and found out that it's the effect of a skill. The skill and its effects are too complicated, and it seems to have some sort of gaming ability, making it even harder to analyze. Hence it will take a while to be able to pinpoint it exactly and remove it or change it.

《What I found as of right now is: As long as Luminous is in physical contact with Master, the effect of coldness would disappear.  To better analyze it, I would need to be able to take control of your body, Master.》

Rimuru: "Why do I feel like you're lying? Are you sure that you can't fix it right now? Because of your actions since last month, I wouldn't be surprised if you're doing this intentionally."

《Master, when did I ever that wasn't to help you?》

Rimuru: "Ahh, Whatever. You can use my body."

Luminous: "*sigh*... Let's hope that Great Sage isn't playing us and that she would find a fix for it by tomorrow. As for now, we should sleep, even if it's embarrassing" Her adorable face, with a smile and eager look in her eyes, was at odds with her words.

She slowly moved, dragging her left leg forward before while using her left hand to rotate her body so that she lays on her side. A moment after, before she could cover herself with a blanket, Ouroboros came and tried to wrap himself around me.

But as I was in Luminous' embrace, he had to deal with a compromise, warping himself around Luminous as well as myself.

...

Minutes passed, but I was still awake. I kept remembering what I saw, kept thinking about what will happen, what I should do...  About tomorrow, and how it will affect the days after it.

Amidst all of these thoughts, a hand caressed me, soothing my thoughts in a second. From whatever light entered the shack reflecting from her shining eyes, I figured that she was awake.

'I moved without noticing again...'

Rimuru: "Luminous... Can I... Ask you something?"

Luminous: "Mhm." She affirmed with a node.

Rimru: "You have lived longer than me and ruled over people for centuries. You are bound to have more experience than me. I... Want to ask you for advice on something."