M̶̡̘̘̟̱͇̝͓͕̒̎͠ę̴͍͐m̶̧̰̀͐̾͝͝ỏ̷̡̧̜̙̰̩̊̅̒͝r̶̡̯̙̤̱̅̃̑̉̒̕ͅỵ̷̳̦̤̂

Death 

Is a difficult topic to discuss. Some argue that it is the final destination of life, a goal to work towards in the afterlife. In this sense, religion plays a significant role, with the idea of going to heaven if you do good, and hell if you don't. However, many people find it challenging to adhere to these principles.

Others believe that death is the end of one life, but the beginning of another. This concept of reincarnation suggests that while our physical bodies don't retain memories, our souls gather experience. This cycle of death and rebirth is thought to be never-ending and is the basis of the multiverse theory.

Then there are those who believe that death is simply the end, with no afterlife or reincarnation. This idea can be overwhelming, leaving many feeling that their lives don't matter, and that nothing they do will make a difference in the end.

This is where "Death" comes into the equation - a celestial being capable of many things but, they indulge themself in solving the problems that sentient living beings cannot. They offer mortal beings the choice of what they want after death, whether it be heaven, hell, reincarnation, or simply ceasing to exist.

It is up to each individual to choose, and "Death" as a celestial being is not fit to interfere with mortal lives.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Hm...? A human child...?" A figure, clad in pitch-black overalls with a hood over their head, stumbled upon a pile of clothes in the middle of what appeared to be a battlefield.

The figure materialized a book and shifted through the pages before stopping at a certain page. "This is Remnant... The world I am in," they spoke before closing the book, causing it to disappear into thin air.

Remnant is a world full of dangers, yet mankind was able to make a life here, thriving to create civilization all while fighting against the dangers of the Grimms.

The figure walked over to the pile of clothes, intrigued by the human that survived the aftermath of the battle. They saw two other larger figures, seemingly a woman and a man. They accurately deduced that the two deceased individuals were the parents of the child, as they had been holding the child protectively.

The wailing of the child grew louder with each step the figure took. The Doppler effect was a real pain.

Taking a final step, they finally saw the features of the child. The spots of hair color were evident and it appeared to be a newborn. Glossy eyes of a unique color stared back at the figure, gazing at them with curiosity, and it somehow stopped crying.

The figure reached out to the child, and the baby assumed that the figure wanted to hold onto it, so it reached out its stubby hands. However, to its surprise, the figure gave it a small pocket watch with an intriguing symbol on it.

"Darkness and Destruction...? It's been quite a while since I've seen this," the figure said, staring at the closed pocket watch. They then turned it around to see the remaining time of the child, only to have their expectation blow away.

"A... Timeless watch?" they said in disbelief. Letting the watch disappear in a puff of black smoke, they looked at the child again. The baby innocently looked at the figure, tilting its head cutely.

The God of Death thought about it for a while. For once, their life wouldn't be as stale anymore, they supposed. But on the other hand...

"What are you planning, Goddess of Fate?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Ohhh, I can't believe my baby sister is coming with me to Beacon!! This the best day ever!!" Y/n was shaken out of his stupor to the sound of the two siblings bickering with themselves.

"Oh, Y/n! You're finally awake!" Yang walked over, slugging her hand over his shoulder. "Can't believe you're coming too! Aren't you like, 20 or sumthin'?" 

"Yes, I am 20 years of age. But, Tai did say that someone is never too old for knowledge." Y/n replied simply. He then sat up properly to stretch his stiff limbs.

"Again, I'm so proud of you, sis!" Yang chipped, obviously excited that her sister is moved up by two years into Beacon.

"Really, Yang, it was nothing. Y/n was there to help me, so he should get some credit too."

"Everyone in Patch's already known Y/n and his abilities, and it's only natural for him to help, right?" Yang finished with a question, turning to the h/c haired male. Y/n only nodded and let out a small hum as an answer. 

"See? And besides, everyone's going to think that you're the 'bee's knees'!"

"I don't want to be the 'bee's knees', okay? I don't want any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees!" 

Y/n sighed again at their bickering, already seeing the two's shenanigans on a 24/7 basis. But their mother, Summer, wasn't bored in the slightest. out in the corner of his eyes, he can see her observing them with a loving gaze of a mother.

Noticing his stare, Summer gave a small wave to him. letting out another set of sighs, Y/n turned around, looking out of the window to see the view.

On the other side, there was a massive building; a castle of some sort. He thought about how many child-soldier Ozpin has been keeping at Beacon, with how large his school was. 

Looking away, Y/n raised his hand, and a stopwatch appeared. The same timeless watch stared back at him. The ticking of the watch was still heard, but the hands is weirdly not there.

.

.

.

.

"What is my fate, Goddes of Fate?"