"Master, the Murong Family request that I relay a message to you," as they were conversing, Lei Zhen materialized beside them. He passed over a stack of land and house deed over to Shen Liang, "Shen Ruiting had sold three stores and five properties in the Imperial City. The Murong Family bought all of them at a price 50% lower than the market price. The remaining ten stores and twenty shops in the Imperial City are the Murong Family's engagement gifts for Master."

Shen Liang flipped through the deeds. Each and every one of them were white deeds that could be changed ownerships at will and whim easily. A single property in the Imperial City was worth its weight in gold, much less the stores and shops. Shen Liang didn't expect Shen Ruiting to actually have the heart to sell them. It was easy to sell nowadays, but it won't be as easy to buy them back.

"The Murong Family is too polite. These properties has long since exceeded the profits gained from those linens." Before, the Murong Family had said they would give Shen liang the money they earned from selling the linens. After all, they were only able to reap the benefits from Shen Liang's information. However, Shen Liang refused. He didn't expect them to return the favor this way.

"The Murong Patriarch said that what they intended to give originally far exceeded this and request that Master don't be too polite with them. If there's anything you need, they welcome you to find them anytime," Lei Zhen dutifully relayed the message the Murong Family relayed.

"Very well. I will accept this then. Thank the Murong Patriarch in my stead." If Shen Liang continued to refuse, then it would only appear hypocritical. Shen Liang reached over and handed the deeds to Qi Yue: "Yue Ge, in the future, these matters will be left for you to handle. If there's anything you don't know, seek Uncle Fu for advice. Xuan Ge, whenever you're free, lend a hand as well. Don't immerse yourself in martial arts all day long. Occasionally using your brain would prevent it from rusting."

"Liangliang..." as his words fell, the room filled with people couldn't help but laugh from amusement. Only Qi Xuan voiced his dissatisfaction but didn't dare to refute. It was a pity that no one empathized with him.

"Liangliang, these are all white deeds. Should we take them to the courthouse and exchange them for red deeds?"

After the momentary entertainment, Qi Yue flipped through the stack of deeds and raised his head to inquire. A white deed was equivalent to a blank check and belonged to whoever had their hands on it. They could change the ownership at will and didn't require the courthouse's permission to do so. In contrast, a red deed belonged only to the person in the records. A change in ownership required formal procedures and strict adherence to the courthouse policies before it can be done. However, because the transference into a red deed required a payment of 10% of the property value, most people disdained the procedure and settled with a white deed, especially the affluent families. After all, most of the properties they had in their hands would often be used and sent as gifts, betrothal gifts, or dowries to the younger generation. A red deed would prove to be more trouble than worth. Hence, most of the deeds they had were white deeds.

"No need. Those that belong to the Marquis Manor, I would return to elder brother once he returns. A red deed would be too troublesome. There's no need for you to fret over managing them so strictly as well. Properties are intended to be gifted and given. Call the steward over and gain an understanding of the shops' operations will suffice. Those that are rented will continue their leases as normal. The properties that are empty, find clients to rent them to. Or if there are other business opportunities, make use of them and take good advantage of what can be done."

Shen Liang had handled much of these matters in his past life. Although Qin Yunshen didn't favor him, he didn't neglect and take away the authority and responsibility a main madame should have. In this life, Shen Liang truly didn't want to touch these matters anymore. He believed that in the future, the Duke of Qingping Palace will also have people to handle these matters for him. All he needed was to garner an understanding of their property's general situation.