CHAPTER FOUR

Beginne am Anfang

  "Calm down, Lilah. I got Avery up to take a shower and then I got next after Carter and you could always use your parents bathroom or just shower after Avery. There's no need for the stress and quite frankly it's not the energy I need, or the energy you need." Alona ranted on as I sighed.

She was right. I had no right to stress seeing as she was the one that had to go through more than I ever had. I was being a hypocrite and it seemed unfair to her. I didn't want to be unfair... to anyone.

  "Okay, let me just finish cleaning this up and then I'll stop stressing. You can't expect me to be stress free cleaning a room like this." I pointed out.

She looked around before nodding letting me know she understood where I was coming from. She sent me a warm smile before Avery walked by with a head full of soap and a towel surrounding her body.

Both Alona and I looked at each other before looking over at her. She gave us a look of discomfort. In her head I could tell why she was probably questioning why we were having a staring contest in the middle of the hallway instead of using our time wisely. Honestly, I was feeling the same way.

  "What the hell are you staring at?" Alona spoke up,

  Avery looked from me and then towards Alona, "Two idiots with no self respect. You would never catch me babysitting kids on my days off,"

  Alona rolled her eyes, "Why don't you take your sass back into that shower and clean out your hair, smart one." Alona crossed her arms giving her a challenging look.

Avery gave her a challenging look back. Both looked like idiots while I sat there waiting for them to be done. I then finally sighed getting the courage to tell them off but Avery cracked a smile first,

  "I hate you so much" She says, the smile on her face not making her words believable.

Alona held her head up high before looking around. She then gave her a knowing look, and smirked bas her eyes still gave the challenge,

  "I love you too, toothy. Now get your ass back in that shower." Alona demanded.

My sister carried on with her smile revealing the missing tooth she had before walking back towards the bathroom to finish her shower. Alona scratched the back of her head. She then shook her head and walked off towards my room.

Hopefully she was going to get dressed. After that little debate she just had with my little sister, I couldn't tell if she was tired of life again or if she was going to just cut me some slack and get ready so we'll have more time to get to school.

-

Turns out we were running late by a couple of minutes. I took a quick 15 minute shower with no music contest. I felt very sad not listening to my music early this morning but I promised my mothers that I could get the kids to school on time and it was my duty to not let them down. I just guessed I would have to be late this one time for school.

When I arrived at the kid's school, Carter gave me a quick kiss on the cheek as Avery gave Alona a fist bump before they ran into the school with their bookbag and lunch.

Alona and I gave each other a high five before I drove off and headed in the direction of my school. If there was no traffic then I would have an easy time getting there and I'll be on time. That was a big if.

  "So, we still haven't gotten done with talking about Cartier. I know you like her." Alona teased.

I honestly don't know where she got that from or how she even got it. I didn't like Rosalie at all, I mean sure she was pretty and had a great aspect of being a sister but she had a shitty personality and she got mad easily which only made me believe she had anger issues. I didn't want that in my life. That was the last thing I needed.

  "I've only ever spoken a few sentences to her in my life. She has a girlfriend, I don't like her attitude, and the way her brother speaks... I'm sure she doesn't respect anything."