5. What Did You Say?!

Kate's POV

"So c-c'mon, you got it wrong to prove I'm right I put it in a song..." my alarm screamed at seven in the morning, breaking me out of my restless sleep. "Ugh, I really need to change that alarm!!" I groaned while silencing the super old One Direction song and sluggishly making my way out of my warm bed. After about an hour of trying to look presentable enough to step outside my front door I jumped in my little silver car and made my way to the hellhole they call school. As a walked to first block I was shoved into a petite girl with short, strawberry blonde hair and a button nose. "Oh I'm so sorry" she screeched in a voice only fit for a child.

"That's okay, don't worry about it." I said until I looked down to see apple juice spilt all down my shirt 'great!' I thought to myself!

"Oh" she flinched "Let me help you clean up! C'mon lets go to the bathroom"

"Okay" I replied. I don't know if I went to the bathroom because I actually cared about my shirt or just because I really wanted to escape first period but either way I slowly followed the tiny girl to the restroom. After cleaning up for a few minutes I awkwardly stood there waiting for her to say something but what she said was not what I was expecting.

"So you're a werewolf right?" She asked nonchalantly

"Um... Yes. You are too?"

"Yep. Well sort of... I'm half human"

"Oh! I was wondering why I couldn't sense you"

"Yeah, um" she looked down nervously "my mom was kinda, sorta 'abused'... you know the bad way" she whispered "That happened before she met her mate, my stepdad, and so here I am. My stepdad doesn't like seem to like me, and his wolf really doesn't like me. To him I'm no more than a terrible mistake."

"Oh. I'm so sorry. I'm sure he doesn't really think that..."

The tiny girl let out and giggle that didn't quite reach her eyes and said "Yeah, well about two months after I was born my mother found her mate and they quickly had my brother. He's always been the obvious favorite. My mom loves me very much but my stepdad just doesn't feel the same way as her."

I didn't really know why this girl was telling me these things but I felt a strong connection with her, like she was a long lost sister or something. "Well, if it makes you feel any better I don't even have a mother."

She then looked at me with sadness coating her eyes and reached for my hand "Oh my goodness. That's terrible, I'm very sorry."

"It's okay. She passed away when I was about thirteen, she loved my dad and I so much and I miss her every day. The only reason my dad is even still around is because of me, I can see how much pain it causes him to not have my mother with him."

It felt like me and the girl, whose name I found out was Bethany, had been talking for hours when we heard the second bell ring.

"Well we should probably go to second period but we should hang out some time! I think we're gonna be really great friends!" she exclaimed while we made our way down the hallway.

I told her that we should definitely hang out and made my way to class, the class; the class that contained the most delicious, mystifying man I've ever laid eyes on. My mate. Just thinking about him made my eyelids become heavy with want. I could almost imagine gripping my hands in his hair and licking his flawless rosy lips till he begged me for more. Then I felt them, eyes, I searched the hall for the source and quickly found Cole looking my way. He had that girl hanging all over him but he was ignoring her and looking right at me, I almost thought I saw a flicker of need in his eyes but getting my hopes up was useless. He then turned his attention back to the girl in his arms and gave her a kiss that broke my heart in half.

When I arrived into class I took a seat in the very back so no one would be able to see my solemn face. Right as the tardy bell rung I smelt Cole's yummy scent and heard his silky voice before even looking up. Cole took a seat near the window on the far left of the classroom next to all his very tan, muscular friends (they were obviously werewolves).

After about thirty minutes of listening to the teacher lecture about why she believed Abraham Lincoln was actually a fictional character, a guy that was about six feet tall with shaggy blonde hair and green eyes walked over to me. "Hey. I'm Will and you are?"

"Kate" I responded

"Cool, well I just wanted to come over and talk. You know a beautiful girl like you shouldn't be sitting all alone."

I giggled at his attempt at smooth talk; he really was attractive, along with his hair and eyes he had a hard jaw line and really adorable dimples that were revealed every time he smiled which seemed to be all the time.

"Well thank you. I would love for you to talk to me."

Cole's POV

I internally growled as I saw my beta, Will, walk over to Kate's petite figure. She really did have an amazing body; curves in all the right places, I just wanted to run my hands all over her....

I snapped out of my daydream when I heard a delicate laugh erupt from my mate's mouth. I then looked up to find Wills hand lightly grazing over Kate's leg. 'What the hell does he think he's doing!? The only person who will ever be allowed to touch her is us!' My wolf screamed and I agreed. I was ready to walk over and snap my own best friends head off just because he touched her lower thigh. I could feel my wolf trying to surface, he was not happy at all.

After one torturous minute of watching my mate and beta talk and laugh I got up and made my way over to them without even realizing until I was seated next to them.

"Hey man" said Will as I approached

"Hey" I responded while eyeing the wondrous woman in front of me. I could tell she was getting uncomfortable under my gaze by the way she tilted her eyes to the floor and let a soft blush appear onto her cheeks.

"Cole, this gorgeous individual is Kate Russick" he said to me and then turned to her and introduced me but I could barely register what he said due to the fact that I was furious he called my mate gorgeous. I suddenly turned to Will and said in a somewhat raised voice "Will! Can I speak with you, over there, NOW"

He looked at me, shocked that I used my alpha tone with him but quickly obeyed.

"What's up man?"

"I just, you know that girl you were just talking to?"

"Yeah, isn't she sexy? I swear I would do so many dirty things to that delicious body of hers, I mean have you seen her tight little ass?"

And then I snapped...