1. First Day of School

I always wonder when I'll meet him, what he'll look like, how he'll act, if he will love me as much as I know I will love him. I'm Kate; I have long blonde hair, hazel eyes, and what I would consider to be an average body. I've had one boyfriend before but it didn't last long, I've always had a huge self-esteem problem, never thinking I am good enough for anyone. I'm about to turn seventeen and I'm a werewolf, usually werewolves meet their mates at about age 16-23. I hope I find him soon so I don't have to worry about disappointing people anymore, from what I've heard your mate will love you unconditionally no matter what! That's all I want; unconditional love. My father and I have recently moved from our old pack in Colorado to the biggest pack in the country in California. I'm so excited for the warm weather and sandy beaches! I start up at school next week, I just hope the kids at my school like me.

One Week Later

"Dad I'll be fine, it's just school"

"I know honey, just be safe okay."

"Okay! Love you, Bye!" I screamed while running out the front door.

Today is my first day at Barden High and I'm a little nervous, this is the first time I will be meeting anyone from our pack so I need to make a good first impression. My dad's worked too hard for me to ruin it all. As I arrived at the school the first thing I noticed was there wasn't one old car in the lot, besides mine of course, I felt so out of place already and I just got here! As I hopped out of the car I spotted the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, I could tell she was a wolf just by the confidence she held herself with. As if she knew I was looking at her she turned around and looked me up and down "Hi" I waved, but just received a snarl in return. 'Well someone's in a cranky mood' I thought but just continued on walking.

After I arrived at the front office and got my schedule I made my way to my first class, Algebra 2, fun... The classroom was upstairs in what I assumed to be the math wing considering there were math related posters all over the off-white colored walls. I quickly found room 243 and walked in to be greeted by a staring class, I hadn't even realized the bell had rung but the teacher already seemed to be teaching. 'Great, Kate! Late on the first day!' I mentally slapped myself for not getting here sooner. "Hello, you must be our new student" the old man said, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Um, yes sir. My name's Kate Russick." I replied in a hushed voice. "Well, welcome Miss Russick. Please take a seat wherever you'd like." I then just nodded and looked for a free seat, there was only one and it was in the back next to a boy with shaggy hair and jeans that were way to tight. As I sat down I just smiled at him and waited for the teacher to return to his lesson.

"Hey, I'm Mike" the shaggy haired boy said.

"I'm Kate"

"Yeah, I know"

"How?" I said cluelessy

He chuckled in response and said "you just said it out loud to the whole class"

"Oh yeah" I said stupidly

After about an hour of awkward conversation with Mike the bell finally released us from first period. As I was walking through the hall searching for my second class of the day I smelt the most amazing scent ever, it was like a mix of leather and Acqua di Gio by Armani. I quickly tried to discover the source of this amazing smell but knew I needed to get to class. I walked into class on time and took a seat in the middle of the room next to a girl with short brown hair and glasses that clung to her face. After the bell rung the teacher asked me introduce myself to the class, which I did then quickly was back in my seat. About fifteen minutes into the lesson I started to smell that unbelievable scent again, it seemed to be getting stronger and stronger and then suddenly the classroom door opened. I quickly looked up to witness the most gorgeous boy I have ever seen stride into the room, he had messy brown hair, a hard jawline, piercing green eyes, and the most delicious plump lips ever. I wanted to jump him right then and there and when he turned to me I knew; my wolf started to whimper and my body started to react in ways it's never done before, I saw his eyes soften for only a second but that second was enough to make me bite my lip to stop a moan from escaping. 'Mate' my wolf whimpered 'I want my mate'

End of chapter 1! Hope you enjoyed it! Comment and tell me what you think and i'll love you foreverrr! <33