[10]

"Let me go too," Megumi suggested as they all stood guard while Nobara and Yuji head into the building. Gojo shook his head.

"You're still recovering."

"But we need to keep an eye- I mean.."

Yuna smile. Megumi's hesitant expression is cute.

"It's ok, I know that the curse still needs to be monitored. Don't worry about me. Though, how about me sensei? I co-should go too."

Gojo once again denied the proposal.

"It's even more so for you not to go. Yuji can hold himself in a fight even with an unknown curse, but you will need time before you can even properly counter. Plus, your cursed tool has not arrived yet."

Yuna opens her mouth.

"Don't worry. After all, we're putting Nobara to the test this time."

Yuna closes her mouth. She held back her sigh as she looked back to the building. Hopefully whatever curse inside there can quickly lose. Megumi awkwardly patted Yuna's shoulder, his own way to comfort Yuna.

Yuna is thankful for the gesture.

While also swatting Gojo's hand from patting her head. Her hair needs to be neat, not messy. Thank you very much.

"Anyway, that brother of yours- Yuji. He's crazy up here."

"How so?"

"Well, even though they're obviously different, curses still take the form of a creature. And these are curses that are looking to kill him."

Gojo then recalled the fighting scene he had witnessed or the recollection he had of Yuji's fighting as he continued.

"Up against that, he still doesn't hesitate to kill them. He's not familiar with curses from a young age- unlike our Megumi here."

Yuna nodded. She did recall the stories of how there are jujutsu sorcerers with great potential. But due to their inability to overcome the fear and disgust, they fall by the wayside.

Gojo then pointed out a seemingly random part of the building. Yuna assumes that's where the fight takes place from the gathering of curse energy there.

"Today it's a test for Nobara. I wanna see how crazy she can get..."

Yuna nodded. Another note to add then. She quickly took our notes and scribbled some more, as Megumi was by her side, giving a few more pointers to add on.

Gojo then asks.

"Do you know what makes dealing with a curse difficult?"

Yuna pondered for a bit and give a few guesses.

"Is it their grade or level of cursed energy?"

Gojo nodded.

"While both should be considered as a factor, the most crucial part is their intelligence. The cunningness of those curses as they force you to make ruthless choices between life and death."

Then, a curse leaped out of the window, alerting the 3 of them. Yuna frowned, seeing the cursed being and their energy is very uncomfortable- even more so when they jump out like that.

"Oh?!" Gojo exclaimed.

"I'm gonna exorcise it." Megumi volunteered as he stands up, though Gojo stops him. 

Then, out of nowhere, multiple thorns stab out of the curse, leaving both Megumi and Yuna speechless. Gojo grinned at the result.

"Good. She's plenty crazy."

Yuna nodded. She's crazy alright. That's good then. The 3 of them decided to meet both Yuji and Nobara as they exited the building. The scared kid break into tears as Yuna consoled him, giving him a lollipop she hid from Gojo. Thankfully the sweet was more than enough to distract the kid as he was safely sent away.

Breaking the mood, Gojo announced.

"Good job you two. Now that we have sent the kid home safe and sound. It's time for some grub."

This brings in the life of Yuji and Nobara as they determinedly shout.

"Steak!"

"Sushi!"

Their enthusiastic reply tickled laughter from her, as Yuna laughed along. Yuji who saw the smile on Yuna's face also cheer as he felt relieved. It was the first genuine laughter he had heard from her since their grandpa died. Then they all started to walk down the street.

It's a good way to end their day.

-JK-

Knock, knock.

"It's Nobara!"

"C'mon in~"

The door to Yuna's room swung open, and the owner of said room was still at her table, studying through some book she had borrowed from Gojo. Nobara just shook her head. Putting her hands on her hip, Nobara declared.

"Tonight will be sleepover night!"

"Wha-?"

"So stop reading so much and let's do the sleepover activity."

Yuna sweatdropped.

"You know... tomorrow we still have class in the morning."

"Pfft, it's fine~ now, now, let's seat here. Close the book."

Yuna was helplessly pulled away from her study as she was pulled to a cushion. On a folded table, a selection of nail polish and a few pots of pudding were placed there.

"Now, I think you're more of turquoise color. How about this one."

Yuna just sigh and simply accepts that- now she had another person that can match her brother's level of energy.

"I will take that if you mix in a bit of purple."

"Deal."

Yuna decides that perhaps for tonight, it's fine to unwind a bit. She can read through her books much later. It was a lovely time spent together, getting to know Nobara and her story back in her hometown does make her feel closer to the girl. Though, she is also quite the shy girl when she decides to simply dismiss that talk- perhaps feeling awkward about her earnest self.

Of course with how late they stay up that night. It's a given that they woke up late the next day.

Oh well...