[12]

It is in the middle of summer. It should be warm or even blazingly hot. And yet, Yuna's heart is cold and quiet the moment she opens her eyes to the news.

Her brother is ḋ̷̛̝̝̜̘͈̼̬̗̬̯̜̱̗͐̐̾̀́̊̇͛̈̽͠͝ę̴̳͍̼̺̩͓̟̏̓̌ą̵͕̲͕͔̙̝̠̬̺̑̃̀͋͝ḑ̴̗̻͔͎̝͉̭̱͇̳͔̟̈̓̽͑͗̑̿̀̌̊̍̎̏͘.

With a heavy body, and her barely suppressed headache, she pushes herself to walk into the room.

If you disregard the gaping hole in his body, her brother still looks the same as he was in the morning when he promised her pudding for dinner. It was just the usual routine. The same ol Yuji and Yuna.

So why did it ę̸̳͎͎̹̱̭͙̺̞̈́̅̑͗̃̾͊̎̃̕͝͝͠n̸̡̢͉̙͔͉̐̑͆̋͑̚d̵͚͕͊̿̓̈̒̇͠ differently today?

The rest standing in the room remained quiet, respecting the mourning of a younger sister as she silently stares. Her hand gently patted her brother's head. She holds his hand, his cold and pulseless hand.

Why is it so c̸̡̪̜̩̠͕͍̟͔̳̀͆͑̽̾̋̍ȯ̴̝̉̐̔͘͠ļ̸̜̲̱͚̋̀̈́̇̇̓̅͊̒̏̆̈͘͝ḓ̵̛̞͓͗̈̐̿͐̂͝ͅ?

With croaked voice, she muttered. "It must... have been painful... rest for now, nii-chan. When you wake up, call me... ok?" Yuna slowly lowered Yuji's hand on the bed. Pulling up the cover to his neck, maybe it will warm him a bit.

Even a little.

It was summer but he is so cold. The three of them just watched as she wipe the blood from the corner of Yuji's mouth, before pulling up her hoodie, covering half of her face. Yuna wasn't sure what kind of face she makes as she let out a sigh.

Sigh.

Yuna turned around, facing the rest occupant in this room. Myriads of emotion and sympathy and yet they all just remain quiet. Gathering her control over her emotion, Yuna said,

"You see, I need a little moment with myself. Alone."

The doctor- Shoko felt that she need to comfort her, and said, "You know, at this time, you should stay with your friends... I mean..." and yet Yuna just waved her hand to stop Shoko from continuing.

"Ah, don't worry, doctor. It is not that I'm in grief. Rather, I felt... murderous. Right now. If I'm not careful..."

She looked up, her eyes were empty, but a devilish grin plaster across her face, sending shivers down the spine as she continued,

"... because, I may or may not murder all those foolish, narrow-minded folks and plunge them in internal despair- for giving me the nightmare of my brother's corpse."

She knows, instinctively after hearing the short report. The assigned mission had a hidden ploy and she could barely contain her agitation. Her words may sound arrogant. And yet, cursed energy comes from negative feelings. Combined, even a newbie jujutsu sorcerer could become a formidable opponent. However, the threat also sends a very important clue. As if realizing the hidden meaning behind it, piecing it all together, Gojo asked,

"Are you implying that he is still... alive?"

Yuna simply ignores the question and leaves the room. They will understand soon enough. It's funny, but, Yuna understands the nature of Sukuna as a curse even better than the supposedly older generation that had guarded the curse for hundreds of years.

But for now...

-JK-

There was a huge commotion outside due to the gathering of both first-year and second year of their school. Yuna walked out of the door, sending both Megumi and Nobara went into silence. A quick glance was exchanged between the two before Nobara tried to walk towards her. She determined to at least comfort her. That's when Yuna put her hands up, stopping her friend from closing in and force smiling,

"I will come back later. but for now, I just want some time alone... ok?"

Then she immediately walked away. Curious, Mai asked the both of them,

"So, uhh, who is she?"

"She... is Yuna, the other first year you guys curious about, and his younger sister"

Dawn by that realization, all of the second years went quiet. Silently offer consolation to the grieving first year.

Meanwhile Yuna, unaware of their discussion just walked. And walk. And walk. Leaving all of her complicated feelings behind- as she wanders away aimlessly, letting her feet bring her wherever fate believes she needs to be.