Desperate Struggles

━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

System

━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━
Be sure to vote, it's much appreciated! Shows that people are actually enjoying this story!
━━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━━

"A-Are our attacks even doing anything?"

"Who knows..."

"Everyone, back away now!"

At Himeko's words, the red-haired woman, they all quickly jumped back as the large claw of the Doomsday Beast swiped across their previous positions.

As it did so, the attack caused a small trail of destruction on the metal floor.

It hadn't been long since this battle started, and Hyde had come to realise that this Doomsday Beast was very damn resilient.

Even under the barrage of attacks from all five of them, the Doomsday Beast showed now signs of stopping.

"From what I have observed, the Doomsday Beast seems mainly vulnerable to fire." Dan Heng voiced. "Meaning Himeko's attacks are the most effective amongst us."

Hearing this, Hyde did recall the times when Himeko's attacks did cause the enemy to stagger a bit, although only temporarily.

Even so, it was without a doubt that Himeko's attacks were probably the only ones that actually had any true effect on this motherfucker.

"Himeko, can't you blast them with that attack of your's?!" March suddenly asked as they all kept their eyes on the beast. "Blast it away!"

"That would be too risky... Launching such a concentrated blast here would have unimaginable consequences."

"Unimaginable consequences?" Hyde repeated with a confused look on his face. "You gonna blow us up or something?"

Stelle also seemed confused by their words as she too gave the group a look of interest, although a bit hard to tell with that relatively dull expression.

"Oh yeah! Himeko can fire this big laser from space! Once it hits, everything goes boom!"

Hyde felt his eyebrow twitch a bit after hearing this explanation. "Say what? Is she a walking air strike?"

"Now is not the time!" Dan Heng quickly shouted. "What do we do, Himeko?"

"We'll have to buy some time, Welt should be arriving soon to help us. For now, we'll have to hold out for as long as we can."

"Mr Yang is coming? Alright, then we'll surely be able to beat this thing!"

"I don't know who this Mr Yang is, but I do understand that we need to buy some time." Hyde asked as he turned to look at Dan Heng. "You said that it's vulnerable to fire, right?"

"From what have seen, that seems to be the case."

"Then I guess it's time to bring out the new artillery."