Transitionary - 3

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) waited a moment for a more satisfying answer, but based on the woman's smile, he had a feeling he wouldn't be receiving one. He rolled his eyes, and barely noticed her smile growing.

'I'm not in any immediate danger, good. That's the first issue answered.'

The woman continued, "For my question: Will you be providing us your assistance?"

(Y/n) shook his hand in a so-so gesture. "Possibly. It'll depend on who 'us' is and what you guys need help with." The Moon bobbed her head to herself, momentarily satisfied. (Y/n) continued to his next question. "What's happening in the real world right now?"

The Moon looked out into the distance, checking. After a moment, her eyes returned to (Y/n)'s face. "Time has essentially been stopped, but more than just your fight, the Outer Gods are moving, like I've said. For example, the Frenzied Flame has just... killed the Lunar Princess."

"What?"

Despite having a clear opportunity to abuse the Three Questions Oath, the woman continued with no mention of it. "Using your bout against the Divine Hydra as a distraction, he attacked the Lunar Princess and successfully defeated her."

"Why?" (Y/n) asked quietly, perplexed.

"Well, that's exactly why I've come to you."

A thought flashed through (Y/n)'s mind, and horror filled his eyes. "He's after Sellen next."

The Moon took a step back, genuinely caught off-guard by (Y/n)'s analysis. "How'd you...?"

"Rennala died to Rykard, and the Frenzied Flame killed Ranni. Those events happen far too close to be just coincidence. And beyond their bloodline, there's a very clear connection." (Y/n) pointed towards the stunned Outer God. "It's you. The Moon, who's influenced them both. If he's killing those who are connected to you, then Sellen's the last option he's got."

The Moon slowly nodded, a slightly awkward smile on her face. "I... well, you're not incorrect. Furthermore, I can't simply hand off my power to Sellen because her body is being disabled right now by the interference of another Outer God."

(Y/n) frowned, his mind in overdrive. "The Formless Mother, right?"

The Moon stared at (Y/n). "How... do you know who she is?"

(Y/n) smiled coyly, trying to keep his calm. "My question first, Moony. Oath, remember?"

The Moon smiled annoyedly. "Based on my information, yes, it'll be the Formless Mother. Now, how do you know who she is?"

(Y/n) grinned. "That conversation at the Higher Realm Table wasn't a secret."

The Moon frowned, descending the invisible steps and pouting. She pushed her index finger against (Y/n)'s chest. "I need more than just that. How could a mortal manage to see something at a higher realm?"

(Y/n) felt the Essence Oath pulling at him and found the sensation incredibly uncomfortable. He shrugged, maintaining his grin. "All I had was a dream. Death and dreams are pretty well connected, right? Maybe it was the Darkness's final gift to me."

The Moon sighed, taking a step back and falling backwards, to sit on what was now an invisible chair. "I didn't realize such a thing was possible. I... apologize for my outburst. Now, do you understand the stakes?"

(Y/n) bobbed his head. "You need help because Sellen is your last choice and without her you're pretty screwed, probably because there aren't many other fitting options after her. So, I'll ask my final question: Moony, do you plan to stand with me, or do you plan to stand against me?"