𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

༻❁༺

༻❁༺

"Okay, so the trick is to find the smallest opening and use that as your base," the father of two set the chisel's bezel between the door and knob. "Then with force you push down and..." The two boys watched as the handle broke away from the wood, which their father quickly caught it to avoid the chance of noise, "Voilà!" Negan Smith smirked as he opened the door.

His two sons quickly drew their makeshift weapons before entering their latest abandoned house on the block. The older one, Lincoln Smith, gripped his blade tightly around his left hand while his younger brother, Louis Smith, became one with his hammer.

It wasn't often the two would be allowed to join their father on his runs into town, but with supplies dwindling and the winter approaching, Negan decided it was about time they learned.

"Make sure to sweep the place thoroughly before taking anything," the father explained as the three slowly entered the house.

Not even a proper seven months into the apocalypse supplies had already begun to dwindle. Though, it seemed as if they had got lucky with their latest find considering none of the dead had yet claimed their location.

Negan let out a thankful sign as he lowered his weapon, "Okay. Keep your weapon out but check everywhere. Nothing is off limits," he turned to his boys. "Remotes have batteries, look for can openers or things of use. Food could be under the beds, take the clean sheets. I want any type of weapon you can find; knives, axes, those sort of things you grab. Got that?"

Both nodded, "Yes, sir."

"Good, now go."

The three split up and began to ransack the single level home. Negan took the bedrooms and washroom, while Louis raided the pantry and Lincoln scrounged the living room.

The place was sadly rather empty but after a good twenty minutes the three met in the kitchen to show off their hauls.

"Alright, I'll go first," Negan showed off his small bag containing a few packs of daytime allergy meds and half a bottle of Tylenol. "Link, what'd you find?"

The seventeen year-old smirked as he pulled out a plastic crate filled with items, "I've got a few batteries, some blankets and something special for mom," Lincoln pulled out a few dvds from his basket.

His father couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of them, "She's gonna have a field day with those."

"Full set," he tapped the basket.

"That's my boy," Negan slapped his son's back before turning to his other. "Lou, what'd you find?"

"I think I lost," the twelve year-old frowned as he revealed a small bottle of hot sauce and two cans of Champion Pebbles.

The two looked down at the items Louis was able to scrounge up. Negan smacked his lips together before changing his expression, "No. I think you won, kid," he squeezed the boy's shoulder.