10

Changbin woke up to the smell of pancakes.

He raced downstairs to confirm his suspicions. Minho had gotten breakfast.

"These are amazing!" Changbin said, syrup dripping down his chin. Minho laughed and got a napkin to wipe it for him.

"I'm glad you like them, it was my first time making them," Minho said with a chuckle.

"YOU MADE THESE?" Changbin asked in shock.

Minho nodded, "Why, are they better than my burnt toast?"

Changbin nodded, "You need to open a restaurant or something!"

Minho laughed as he put his plate in the sink.

"I put your homework in your backpack," Minho said, patting Changbin's hair.

"Thank you, again. You really didn't have to, I could have done it myself. And thanks for letting me stay here."

"No problem," Minho answered.

"Can I ask for one more favor?" Changbin asked.

"Mhm."

"Can you go to school today? Please? I want to eat lunch with you."

Minho thought about it. There were 3 weeks of school left, 180 days total, he'd already missed 20, he could probably get away with 30, but he didn't want to push it, so he needed to go to school for at least 6 more days this year.

He handed him a calendar.

"Pick 6 days that you want me to go to school, with the exception of," he pointed to a box on the calendar, "this Wednesday, I have a Chemistry test on that day, so obviously I'm staying home."

Changbin circled 6 days and then looked sadly up at Minho.

"Okay, fine, pick one more," Minho said rolling his eyes.

Minho pulled out an old backpack filled with comics and began to empty it out onto his floor.

"Changbin, do you have a pencil?" he asked.

Changbin handed him a freshly sharpened pencil from his bag.

Then Minho reluctantly tossed it in and zipped up the backpack.

"That's all your bringing?" Changbin asked.

"We'll pick up some McDonald's on the way there to eat for lunch," Minho told him.

Minho sat down next to him.

"Nothing like cold McDonald's at 12:05 PM," he remarked, tossing the wrapper in the garbage, "Every time I come here I remember why I hate this place."

While they ate lunch, Minho continued to ramble on about "and then she told me I couldn't run in the hallway, well bitch, maybe we should have more than 5 minutes to use the restroom and get to class. What am I supposed to do, tell my body to shit smaller at school?"

Felix sat down at his normal lunch table with Jisung.

"Where's Changbin?" he asked. Jisung pointed a few tables over.

"He's eating with Minho," he told him, "He's insane at sex."

"Ew, Jisung, I'm literally eating right now," Felix remarked.

"Speaking of eating, he's also really good at—"

"I don't wanna hear it," Felix said as he began loudly humming "The Feels" by Twice.

"Okay, fine, be like that. But anyways, he's letting Changbin live with him right now, they say they aren't doing anything, but look at them, I'm like 90% sure Changbin's been getting his—"

Felix started humming to himself again.

"Filter, Jisung," Seungmin said sitting down with his lunch, "Sometimes not all of our thoughts need to come out."

"But if they don't, they just bounce around my head like a pinball machine," Jisung complained.

"What are we talking about?" Hyunjin asked sitting down across from Seungmin.

"Oh, we're just talking about how Changbin's probably getting his ass absolutely—"

"I'm a terrible friend," Felix blurted out, cutting Jisung off.

"What?" they all asked in unison.

"I'm a terrible friend," he repeated, "I'm a terrible friend and a terrible person. Changbin only sees me as a friend, but I don't want him to. I keep romanticizing every interaction we have, and it feels like I'm constantly pressuring him into being something more. I'm so selfish and annoying and Changbin deserves better friends than me anyway."

"Felix," Hyunjin said giving him a hug, "You're an amazing friend, don't worry about it. I know how hard it is to have feelings for someone when you know it's not mutual. And it must be so difficult for you to watch him with other people. But you are a great person, probably one of the best I know."

"Thanks Hyunjin, you're a great friend," Felix said looking down at his food.

"It's nothing," Hyunjin sighed.

a/n: don't know why I felt the need to make such a love quadrilateral, but it's here now, so we all have to deal with it