Chapter 8 - Rollercoaster

Start from the beginning

I find Cobra at our table as he puts his hand over his heart singing as if his life depended on it. 

"And now I wear my scars just like tattoos
Because I'm so damn proud of what they put me through
I've learned without a doubt every mark that
Makes you feel worthless, can give you a purpose
And now I wear my scars just like tattoos
'Cause I'm a miracle, every cut is proof
Another chapter written in the story
What couldn't kill me made me something so brave
I wear them like tattoos
"

I allow myself to open my eyes not even having realised I closed them and I am met by a cheering emotional crowd. A lot of tears flow through broken mirrors to healing souls. 

"Thank you!" I say bowing slighlty at the waist before putting Ellie into her bag. I walk off the stage prompting a teary eyed Dj to climb up the couple of steps. They clear their troath before calling the name of the next person. 

As I approach the table we claimed for the night the dirty blonde haired life guard breaks from the group and hugs me. Soon after the whole group is entangled in each other, me in the middle. The others that have joined us for tonight look at us in an heartfelt haze. I see Rob say fuck it before launching himself into the hug pulling his boyfriend along. The others join except for freckles who slowly approaches wiping away a tear. Everyone parts allowing her to enter the inner circle and fall into my arms before closing back in on us.

We stand like that for a couple of minutes. I leave a soft kiss at Sam's temple as we all pull away and click back onto our places at the table. "It's weird how well this group fits with each other. Effortlessly gravitating towards each other while gracefully navigating through the dynamics without the need for any words to be spoken."

The crowd goes around the bar crashing and reforming like waves meeting the beach. Tuned into the stage as if it was the moon steering them along their path. 

As the calm of the night starts to weight on people  the bar gradually empties. I look around the table noticing some people having fallen asleep, or fighting not to. 

"We should call it a night!" The people still awake perk up and nod in agreement taking it upon themselves to see to the others around them. My eyes turn to the starry woman at my side. I am given a sleepy smile. "How are you getting back?"

"I'm driving back!" Sam points her thumb towards the outside of the building as if to make her point. I look at the others too looking at the tired but content faces. 

"I think a coffee is in order for the ones driving! Raise of hands please!" A few hands raise up. I count and move to get up. "I'll be right back!

"I'll help!" The light skinned girl stumbles out of her chair to follow me. Having to rest a hand on my shoulder to regain her balance. An amused sigh escapes me.

"Okay come on but try not to fall this time. Wouldn't want you to ruin your pretty face." Her features all but go up in flames. 

"Oh stop it!" She playful pushes me away barely moving me which she makes a face at.

We reach the counter ordering the coffees to take. "Thank you for asking us to join your group! I had fun." I prop my elbow on the dark wood, tilting my head that is resting against my fist towards the side while examining the constellations adorning her face.  Sam rewards me with a bright smile. "Her smile is one the cutest things I have seen!"

"I had fun too!" Her eyes flicker down to my lips causing her face to turn red she turns herself away from me to try to hide it. I was about to tease her about it whe the barista interrupted.