Chapter 7 - I dare you

Sam's POV 

As we got to a small diner Iris led the way into a booth with me following close behind, Gabriella strolled along in the back. Weirdly she was quiet the whole way here.

The instructor sat down on one side causing both me and the cranky Latina to share a look. Neither of us moved. The brunette looked at us both dumbfounded as we simply stood there. "Are you girls okay? Is something wrong?" She studied us both looking for any signs that could tell her what was going on.

As the silence stretched longer and the weight of the instructors eyes grew heavier, we both snapped out of our stupor. Gabriella was the first to move unceremoniously plopping down across from the beautiful olive skinned woman.

"Should I sit next to her so we're closer? Or should I sit in front of her?" After a second or so of hesitation the long haired girl raised an eyebrow at me incredulous.

"Just sit down!" An eye roll accompanied her words.

I shuffled in place before deciding to throw caution to the wind. Sitting down next to the goddess I could immediately feel her warmth engulfing me as a delicate vanilla and heavy rain smell embraced me. "Why does this feel so much like home?"

After a few minutes a waitress approached our booth. Her long black hair was in a ponytail that fell elegantly along to the middle of her back. She wore a sweet smile that made her hazel eyes shine, cute dimples adorned her cheeks bringing a softness to her beauty that made her seem younger.

As she looked up her eyes light up with recognition as they were raised to meet our owns.

"Hey Iris! Sam! Long time no see! You used to come here all the time!" Her eyes rested on my face before turning towards the short haired beauty next to me. "I didn't know you two are friends!" Her comment makes me blush as I instinctively look out the window at the park. The black haired girl then looks toward the other side of the table.

"Hey lil sis! Don't forget to message mom to let her know at what time you're getting back home!"

An annoyed look crossed the shorter girl's face. "I'm not a kid anymore!" Following her words the older of the two was given an eye roll so exaggerated that Gabriella's head rolled along with it. In return she gets a warning look which finally breaks through to her. A sigh leaves the girl as she types away on her phone. "Fine here see!" Turning her screen towards the waitress as if it was a peace offering. "Happy now?" Instead of mirroring any of the signs directed at her the older sister simply smiles in response. "Thank you!"

A look passed between me and Iris as we took in the scene in front of us. Before long our attention was back on the hazel eyed girl.

"Sorry about that! So what are you girls having?"

As always the voice of the fit olive skinned girl sends my heart into a frenzy, causing it to beat faster than I thought humanly possible. "Hey Sofia! I'll have my usual thanks!" A friendly smile is shared between the two before the light eyes focus on me. "What about you sunshine?" I chuckle at the nickname she caught from my friends. "I'll have the same as her." As I say this I point towards the gorgeous girl sitting to my right. "Alright!"

Her attention dances towards the opposite side of the booth. "How about you Gabi? Your favourite?" Instead of words her only answer is an uninterested shrug. "I'll be right back with your order!" We're offered a departing smile as the peppy server walks away.