Even though his father said it with good intentions, Dragon couldn't help but feel a tinge of anger, anger that his kid will be treated differently from the rest of the kids. Anger that he might lose his charming smile and he would not be able to be there for him when that happens.

He felt himself questioning the solution to the problem. Will Luffy be okay with his father? Will he be happy? Can Garp assure Luffy's well-being and that his smile will remain protected? He hesitated. He hesitated in giving up Luffy. He didn't want his son to be far from him, but he knew he have to steel his heart. But his heart refused to do so... Only if he had any other choice to keep his son safe and with him.

The silence in the room was awkward. The tension increased in the room as Garp looked at Dragon and then the toddler sleeping on his lap. The kid was like the sea, which could be calm and gentle before it stormed and took out countless people from their miserable life.

"I don't understand myself," Dragon uttered the word, his nails digging deep within his palm, making blood draw from it. He gritted his teeth harshly. He couldn't let his heart make a decision over his better judgment.

"Explain from the beginning," Garp said, his eyes on the blood trail which stained the green cloak of his son.

Dragon tried taking deep breaths. Still today, he doesn't believe what happened that day on May 5th. He still feels uneasy about accepting it as the truth. But the very proof of all of it layed on the lap of his father.

"It was on May 5th, when I was out on the deck, thinking about the cruelty of the Government. The wind was howling, the waves were crashing, and a full moon was on the sky. I don't know what I thought, what encouraged me, but I just yelled out the frustration weighing heavily on my heart," Dragon placed a hand on his heart, which felt heavy for the first time after meeting Luffy. "I was swearing to bring justice to innocent people and dethrone the World Government. That was when a wave engulfed me." Dragon's eyes trailed at his right arm. "The wave gave me a wound. The next second, another wave came, licking my blood off the deck and when the wave resided, I heard drums, I heard a melody. The sea went calm and a baby with an impossibly wide smile laid on the deck."

Dragon saw his father freeze before slowly looking at Luffy who was soundly asleep. The silence in the room was enough to hear the throbbing heartbeat of Garp and Dragon. Both of them with some amount of realization. Dragon swallowed hard, moving his gaze to his father, and saw the pale face regaining color. He had never seen his father pale! He had always seen a laughing man, sometimes scowling or becoming annoyed but nothing could make the Navy Hero pale.

Garp raised a hand to his face, rubbed his temple, and leaned on the wall behind him as he let out a chuckle.

"There is an old legend which had circulated once upon a time around the World about offering blood to the sea and in return they would get their desired thing. Countless people have offered even their limbs to the Sea all in order to gain something. But none have succeeded for countless centuries. It's been a long time since the sea had taken up any offer. Or more like forced you to make an offer."

Dragon's mind filled itself will countless questions, whose answers were completely out of his reach.

"He is a child of the sea and a D by your blood. He carries the will of D as well as the will of Nature itself." Garp's eyes met that of Dragon's shocked ones, "He will be a force to be reckoned with in the future and change the world. It will be his destiny, connecting and fulfilling your dream indirectly."

That followed silence as both of the elder men watched the sea child. Dragon felt worried, he felt nervous realising what his son was. But above all he wanted his son to be safe, to live his life according to his wish. To choose his own destiny and create a fate with his very own hands. He didn't want his only son to be forced into anything which he didn't want to.

Garp chuckled, feeling the inner turmoil of his son. "Don't worry. He will get to choose what he wants to do in his life."

Dragon nodded in understanding before speaking, "I love him. But the past days have made me realize that if his existence is revealed then he will be hunted, despite his age. I don't want him to live a life where he is hunted and constantly haunted. I'm afraid that something will happen to him if he stays with me." Dragon forced himself to say as blood dripped from his palms drop by drop. If he wouldn't say it now, then he knew he couldn't ever say it.

His love for his son will never fade him. Heck, he will even willingly throw himself to protect his. But he knows that he isn't too strong to go against the whole world, the Five elders to protect Luffy. 

He knew he couldn't see Luffy cry. His kid had never cried before. So, when he saw his crying face that day, it hit him hard.

"I don't want to see tears on his smiling face..." If Garp noticed the glossy eyes of his son and tears that dropped from his eyes, to land on his lap, he didn't mention it.

"The storm listens to her Voice, loud and commanding. The tree rustles to her breeze, warm and caring. She calls for whirlpools and they listen. She pushes the ground and it obeys. Without a question, without hesitation, and without any thoughts. But above all she is lonely. There might be countless sailors, merchants, navy officers, marines, pirates, etc. sailing on her mercy but she is alone. It was once said the sea had a child, which she lost to the world of mortals, to the world of some ungrateful people, which were none other than the ancestors of the Celestial Dragons. Do you think she will let that happen all again?"

"But why me?" Dragon asked. His voice was uncertain for the second time. Garp shrugged at that. He could only guess the answers. But none seemed too accurate to console his son. None seemed fit to tell him that he was worthy. But maybe there's a way.

"The sea wants to be free, she wants her revenge and you are exactly doing what she wants." Garp replied.

Their talking had woken up little Luffy who was amazed by the color of Garp's shirt. His doe brown eyes lit up and his smile stretched as wide as it could be.

"Isn't she the most powerful being in the world? Isn't she capable of destroying the whole world?" Dragon asked, his eyes never leaving Luffy, who had jumped off from Garp and was now running around in the room and giggling happily.

"That she is. But there is a prophecy, which I heard from Roger. 'After 800 years, a man will return to reclaim his throne'."

Garp said, his eyes straight on Luffy. Luffy turned back to face the two men in the room and offered them his brightest smile.

Garp felt as if he was asked to continue. He really didn't want to. But as he was about to say the next words, the lightning cackled louder, the winds blew fiercely, and the waves went violent as if it was trying to reach the shore. But above all of this, Luffy's innocent laughter was heard clearly. The light of the moon, which was not there for long hours entered the room, falling on the little bundle of joy, and the sounds of drums were back in midst of all of this Luffy's grin stretched impossibly wider.

"Joyboy will return."