44 || Dinner Party

Start from the beginning

"Dima is not my boyfriend." She rises to her feet and glares at me. "I like Dima, but Adriko is my one true love."

Dima. I fucking knew it.

I laugh to myself. The stone faced asshat had a thing for the less than mediocre mental patient.

How cute.

"Natasha, sweetheart." I slowly make my way towards her, "Adrik and I are already married, you gotta move on." I place a hand on her scrawny little shoulder, and force sympathy onto my face. "We cant have you turning into a doll crazed nut job, can we?"

"You got married...? "Those pale blue eyes of hers widen, as a look I can only compare to that of a crestfallen child falls over her features. "But I wasn't even invited."

"Why would you be invited?" I raise a brow, entertained by her entirely. "You're not one of my friends."

The look she has on her face only intensifies, this time the hurt is mixed with disbelief, as though i'd betrayed her. "You have other friends?"

"Lots of them." I offer and before I can offer another blow that'll crush her little heart, a knock sounds.

Natasha in all her nightgown glory, races me to the door, even though I make no move to, only before she opens it she casts me one last longing look. "Did you sleep with him?"

"My husband?" I cross my arms and tilt my head, I should spare her, but I don't. "Yes. Multiple times, in the dirtiest of ways."

The statement may not have been an honest truth, but it wasn't a lie, nor was it an exaggeration. It was more so a foreshadow. One based on the fact that Adrik Kozlov is single handedly responsible for giving me the best sex of my life and I plan to explore it throughly, in every possible position.

With shaky hands and an unstable look in her eyes, the nutcase swings the door open to reveal Adrik's less likeable errand boy. He looks annoyed by me already. "Adriko is requesting your presence."

I bite down on my bottom lip, withholding a smile as I recall the events of last night. He'd driven us home, excused himself to make a call and in waiting for him, I accidentally fell asleep next to Sitto. Only to wake this morning with a call from the La Haute board, congratulating me of my new position as one of the thirteen new debutants for this season.

"Where is he?" I walk forward, complying as though the fact that he's now summoning me like a sixties mistress doesn't bother me. You'd think he'd treat me with a little more respect considering last we talked, I had him in my mouth.

"In his library."

I nod and grip the door handle, "Tell him he can walk his ass up here and get me himself."  And with that, I slam the door shut.

I can feel the anger on the other end of the doorframe, and I only smile. There really isnt any reason to deny the man, but it feels good to.

"Why did you do that?" Natasha eyes me like i'm the odd one, but I merely shrug.

"Men need to be kept on their toes."

One.

Two.